Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Growth Intervals

BillK
BillK
United States
2001/01/13, 12:51 PM
Just wondering if there are any particular ways to monitor growth intervals. For example when can you expect to see the accomplishments of your hard work? Also, what is the best way to record the growth process? Should it be monitored every month every three (3) months etc.?
luv2lift
luv2lift
United States
2001/01/13, 06:39 PM
Here is a great way to document your progress over time. Try keeping track of your workouts in a personal journal. Record the number of sets and repetitions, pounds lifted, exercises performed, your diet, and any other information you feel is useful. A journal can give a wonderful boost to any weight-training program. It helps you stay motivated by showing you how much you are improving and how much stronger you are getting.
remember every time you go into the Gym you want to lift more weight then your previous workout, progressive training even if it"s only a few pounds more...train smart

Dvdgstwrt
Dvdgstwrt
United States
2001/01/16, 12:27 AM
There are a couple of things you can do. One, keep an accurate log of your work outs, include the exercise, how many reps per set and the weight. Also include how you feel, physically and emotionally. This will do two things really, let you see progress, and also act a a guide toward future routines. You can see what you have tried and what works.

The second thing you can do is take body measurements. Very easy, take a tape measure and measure your biceps, thighs, calves, chest, waist, neck, etc. log it down. If you can, get a few poloroid pictures taking of you in shorts a picture is worth a thousand words...

At first, you may want to check every two weeks, but really, you'll see gains (and loses - around the middle perhaps) over monthly intervals.

Personally, I have my year divide into four periods, the first and third period I do mass building routines, the second and forth I do definition, strength, endurance. I take a two week break between these periods, and this is when I do my body measurements, and have new pictures taken.

There is also another way you can measure your self, the clothes in you closet. if the pants are getting loser around the middle, and the shirts a little snugger around the chest - well, you can see what that means. Cheers
beau
beau
United States
2001/01/16, 10:02 AM
Is there a specific amount of pounds I should gain in a 2-3 period?

beau
beau
United States
2001/01/16, 10:04 AM
Is there a specific amount of pounds I should gain in a 2-3 week period?

BillK
BillK
United States
2001/01/16, 06:34 PM
Thank all of you for your responses it has been of much help.

billk