Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27036

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Greetings From Turkey! Need some help!

solamnus
solamnus
Turkey
2016/01/23, 04:13 AM
Hello people! Greetings from Istanbul, Turkey. My name is Cem and I am a software developer, trying to figure out a find a good workout routine. I think this site offers some good stuff. 

But I would like some directions, because I am not very sure to which workout program to use.

Here are some background info about me;

I am currently 32 years old. 1.86 meters (6.1 ft) tall and right I weight 86kgs (189 lbs).

Being a software developer working out was not my thing for a long long time. But I decided to change it last June and started to work out.

I have been working 6 months last year till the end of december. First 2 months were more cardio I lost 6-7kgs, then I started weight training which got more intense month after month. The trainer in the local gym was handling the program for me, he was preparing routines for 30-45-60 days and I was working 3 days in a week. (monday, wednesday and friday)

Now that I had to move my house and my subscription in my previous gym has finished I am starting a new gym and I feel like I have to create my own workout program this time. I had 1 month of inactivity and start to work again ASAP! :)

Could you guys kindly advice me which programme fits someone like me? Gym training workout program or 12-week mass & strength program ? or sth else?

Any input will be appreciated!

Regards,

Cem
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2016/04/03, 02:01 PM
It really depends on your goals.  I would start with an intermediate program with whatever days you are available to workout...3 or 4 is typical.  You can always substitute an exercise or 2 if your gym doesn't have that particular piece of equipment..or just don't like it, ect.  I have had great success with using a 3 or 4 day intermediate workout routine in the past from this site and just substituting exercieses as needed or wanted.

Good Luck