Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

gotta loose some weight

diamondprincess
diamondprincess
United States
2002/10/12, 05:07 PM
hello, im erika and im 16. I was told by a doctor that it is possible for me to loose 3-5 pounds a week, ny ideas/suggestions as to how i could o about this?
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/10/13, 12:14 AM
Well.. first of all we can't help you unless you fill out your profile please. Everyone is different.. so help us out.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/10/13, 02:51 AM
Well what did you doctor say? To loose 5 pounds a week seems for me a little bit high.
Go for around 2 lbs with a good clean diet, weight train, do some cardio and you'll be doing great.

Yes, and please fill in your profile.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2002/11/25, 03:51 PM
Medical advice is MAXIMUM weight loss should be 3-5lb a week. I personally don’t care much about my weight rather how god or bad I look and feel – though I appreciate it is slightly different for men. Though I have recently been dropping my % body fat.

As for advice if you just starve yourself your body will use up internal glucose supplies over a week or so, you will appear to lose weight but this is just the water that keeps the glucose in solution. NO FAT will be lost, and worse your body will go into starvation mode and every available calorie will be stored. As a result you will become irritable and get a shorter and shorter attention span, and even put on fat. Eventually you will crack and pig out and be in a worse situation then before.

If you exercise particularly Cardio work, then you can lose the fat - which is what you want. As important is reshaping your diet. Cut out all the junk food and fatty foods you can, to compensate eat LOTS of fruit and veg. I did this last year and was eating several pounds of them a day for the first few weeks. I did not feel guilty about snacking as long as it was fresh fruit or veg. After a bit I found the foods I liked and cut back to sensible amounts, my taste buds become more attuned the natural sweetness in foods so now they good. I still allow myself treats like a chocolate biscuit with my tea or coffee. There is research-linking chocolate to increased seratonin levels that can make you feel better. So if I have a treat it is one where I get double boost (taste and feel good) from the extra fat I will but on because of it. If you purify your diet of most of the junk out there you will notice these effects more.

I also cut out a lot of unnecessary fat, cut it of before you cook the meat an hold it and think that one handful not on my stomach. Although this is not exactly correct it will make a difference and make you feel better. I cook for myself, so I make sauces from scratch; this makes you aware of how much fat and sugar goes into making them, and where they can be cut out. Although it is not an option for many people it is worth bearing in mind.

Finally I have shifted the major calorific intake to earlier in the day. If you eat earlier your body will have that energy to burn. If you eat later your body will but it on as fat whilst you sleep and is then reluctant to convert it back to energy the next day. As a result for the same intake you will feel lethargic and put weight on if it is all taken in the evening.

Most importantly weight loss comes from exercise AND what you eat, changing just one will have little effect. A couple of years back I was taking in 8-9,000 calories a day but still losing fat as I was training so hard. Unfortunately for me my finals at university came up and I broke the habit of going to the gym regularly for almost two years and my body suffered. But now I am back on the path to successes.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/25, 08:34 PM
This is a really good post. It's nice to see good motivation!

--------------
To change it, or to create it, simply train it!

Ivan Montreal Canada