Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

goodbye belly?

bettybliss
bettybliss
United States
2003/08/19, 01:40 AM
so I've been working out (1 year+)/have just begun to eat well. but then there's the belly. its a 'popover' not gargantuan. 42 yr old woman (w/no kids ever)
three questions:
1) do i need to wear a girdle or something to strap everything down when i run? cuz i realized its (i'm going to faint) jiggling. maybe it needs to be leashed & wrapped so it gets the idea of where i want it to go?
2) can a woman lose this w/o surgery and get washboard abs?
3) any testimonials formally big w/flat belly now? (over 40 success stories greatly appreciated) thank you!
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/08/19, 10:25 AM
I am 55 and have had two children, a long time ago. I used to have flat abs even when I was overweight, then I turned 45!!! My stomach at that time started getting the "drop over" look and this really bothered me but I did not really start doing anything about it, as far as exercise, until this past March. I have since lost 7.5 inches in my waist and am really working toward firming up that flab. I don't know for a fact that it will ever go away but, after all, I am 55!!! My trainer has me doing A LOT 'O CRUNCHES!!!!! Saturday I did 90 crunches on the exercise ball, 60 on the crunch machine with a 65 pound weight AND 45 with a smaller exercise ball between my feet and lifting and lowering it!!! And that was just the crunches!!

--------------
Gramma
bettybliss
bettybliss
United States
2003/08/19, 11:59 AM
this 'drop over' thing. i wasn't looking...and then it was just there.
your training program sounds great. challenging. thanks for your reply! man-o-man just no shortcuts.
roberta101
roberta101
Canada
2003/08/20, 07:22 PM
Hey bettybliss,

Although I'm close to your age bracket (36 next Sat), After the birth of one child from that point on to 6 years after she was born, that ponch materialized (and got bigger). I then started going to the gym. Though I didn't hit it as hard as deby (you go girl!), but I noticed that when I lowered my carbs and upped my protein (the good old fashioned way, no protein shakes, bars I couldn't digest them properly) within about 4-6 months bam! The 4 pack emerged. The other 2 came in a little later on.

My ab work out was 3 sets of 15 regular crunches; 3 sets of leg lifts (on the mat) and 3 sets of 15 lateral crunches every work out right after I did my warm up cardio before my weights (just to get it out of the way). It worked wonders.

Best of luck !!
bettybliss
bettybliss
United States
2003/08/23, 04:31 PM
roberta101, first, happy birthday! woman w/washboard(!)
ok i may have fudged my age. I have 9 years on you. but maybe i can make this happen too. is this 7 days a week work out? i am not seeing dramatic results. i keep checking the mirror for any definition in my arms. (can barely look @ belly) everything feel stronger firmer. i am just trusting that i am only going to get better.
your message makes me very happy and hopeful. thank you!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/08/23, 07:54 PM
Have patience Bettybliss. You will see the results.
Remember one thing, you didn't get that way in 6 months, so give it time to work.
Good Luck.

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
bettybliss
bettybliss
United States
2003/08/24, 01:52 PM
carivan, yeh, thanks, i know it was a year of beer and a lifetime of sweets...it will take time. i can do this. thks, C!

=============