Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

goals and training

steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/10/06, 03:39 PM
Over the years; if you have trained for years? What goals
have you set for yourself and how has your training changed?
If you are new, good for you, pat yourself on the back! It
is never too late to start training. If you are new to training, how has it changed tour life?

Steve
sfckellyk
sfckellyk
United States
2001/10/13, 12:40 PM
Over the years I have been involved with many bobybuilding programs mostly focused on getting huge. Each time it gets gradually more intense until I need a break and quit. Now I am 39. I really don't have a goal other than overall fitness. This sometimes makes it hard to get motivated. I mean how fit is fit? As a result, my fit level goes down. I can't come up with a reasonable goal for my age, any suggestions?

Owen
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/10/13, 08:25 PM
This is the way I feel. I train for me number 1. I also fell
into the same trap; trained hard and long; not everyone is
gifted with good genetics and most that I thought did, usually were on roids. These days I set small goals that I
am happy with, I like the social aspect and the life style.
Believe me I am no hero and I like to enjoy myself but man
when someone asks your age and they can't believe how old
you are, that is incentive enough for me. It is taking care of yourself. If you have trained all these years you must
see a difference between yourself and your buddies; man it
can be scary. The extra energy alone is worth it. I think
you will find a difference with your ft program; I am speaking with experience as an overtrainer, something like
youself I think. I have made my best gains ever with it and don't forget your diet because it is the main part. Don't
add the little extras like more exercises and working to failure for fear of injury; it is not worth it. By the way
I am 46 years old and can workout with any of the youngsters. Wow that sounded old!!!! Hope this helped?