Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

GNC's Creatine Sachet's

canuck
canuck
Australia
2002/04/11, 07:10 PM
Has anyone tried this form of Creatine?
The document I saw indicates that it requires no loading phase. It contains 5g of Creatine and 1g of Phosphates (I am not really sure what the benefit of the extra phosphates is?).
It seems that everyone uses and recommends Cell-Tech's Creatine? What is the big advantage?

Thanks in advance!!!!!
frankamodo
frankamodo
United States
2002/04/11, 08:50 PM
The big hype about Cell Tech's creatine is its transport delivery system (75grams of dextrose) which uptakes the creatine into muscle cells.... claims to gain 880% more muscle mass versus subjects who uses creatine alone....i haven't tried it, but i am tired of seeing their 3-6 page ads in fitness magazines.. I also heard that the creatine loading phase was a marketing tactic......makes you use up at least half the container before starting your regular intake, that way you run out of creatine faster, and you go buy more.......but then again, thats what I heard/read somewhere.

--------------
-||---||- frank -||---||-

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/04/11, 09:35 PM
Truthfully, I haven't looked into the GNC brand stuff yet, nor have I tried Cell-Tech. However, I can say that the supposed "delivery system" is just sugar to spike your insulin. After you workout, your body is starving for carbs. This is the best time to give it high-glycemic sugars to replenish your body's fuel stores. These sugars, in turn, spike the insulin levels in your blood. It just so happens that creatine is absorbed better when there is a spike in insulin. EAS has had Phosphgen on the market for a few years now and its the same concept. BUT, if you look at the EAS creatine vs. the Cell-Tech, it would be cheaper and better to use 2 servings of Phosphogen instead. Just compare and you'll see.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."