Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Getting back into shape

archetype52586
archetype52586
United States
2004/05/20, 12:39 AM
Hi, I used to be a FT user a while back, but I kinda stopped (feeling sheepish). I am a college freshman, and I have come a long way in a few years from where I was physically. About 6 weeks ago before finals, I started taking it easy on the exercises a bit (mostly the running, the weights stayed the same). I slowly declined the level I was running at comfortably (6 miles a day). For the past month and a half, I have not been running or lifting consistently and for the last two weeks, no exercise at all, and I've been drinking and studying late like crazy. On top of that, I got pretty sick a few days ago. I want to get back into shape, but I have lost so much of the stamina and strength I used to have (my weight lifted has declined by about 5-10 lbs on average) but my running has dropped severely (now I'm struggling with distances of 4 miles or less and my heart seems to not be able to keep up pace, whereas it used to have not problem at all). I have gotten a bit flabby also. Now to the final question: Is this level of deterioration natural, and if it is, what do I need to do to get back into shape and how long will it take?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/20, 08:33 AM
Deconditioning is natural, especially cardiovascular.
Ease back into your program and your endurance and stamina/strength will come back in due time. And then when you feel fitter, remind yourself of how you felt when you let it go downhill and don't do it again!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
archetype52986
archetype52986
United States
2004/05/20, 10:04 PM
thanks