Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

gettin creamed

Pinch
Pinch
United States
2004/03/04, 08:03 PM
hey, i am a black belt in shaolin karate, but at school a few weeks ago some kid thought that i had fooled around with his girlfriend, and well, him and 11 other guys beat the crap out of me. i do good in karate, but can anyone help me with situations like that. i am limber and have great fighting tecnique, but my muscles are somewhat lacking. i am not sure which muscles to train to be able to fight better. there is nothing i want more is to be able to take 12 guys next time if i get jumped. i know this isnt a reality, but i just would like to know what muscles to train for fighting situations. i also know that violence is not the answer, and that this is merely for self-defense.
2004/03/04, 10:46 PM
The best muscles to develop for taking on 12 guys is the legs. Do squats and plyos, and when the 12 guys come to fight, run your ass out of there with your newly developed speed. Seriously, quickness, agility, and striking accuracy are more important than size and strength. You should have those from your karate training. You already know that nobody is going to win a fight against 12 guys, so using your head to stay out of such situations is most important of all.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/03/05, 04:18 PM
Almost the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago, but there was a mere 6 guys. there right buddy, run before your on the floor, they can call you a pussy but there the ones that dont dare take you on one on one.
good luck....
...and remember your not jackie cahn and this is not rush hour!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/03/05, 04:50 PM
Yea run lol, I'm 245lbs and I wouldn't be able to do much against 12 guys however I'm not fast either, so I couldn't run. lol so what would I do? lol I'm not saying you fooled around with his girl, but I am saying is ther emore to the sotry than your telling>? Did you and the guy get along in the 1st place? I doubt he just made up a story about you mesing with his girl. 2nd if they wanted to fight dirty i would to, Next day or that night iwould filled assult charges agaist all 12 of them.............I would filed a report with the school, as well with the police, school would have kicked them all out, and you could have taken them to court.........best thing thought that I use besides my size, I Don't get Envolved with somthing that might get you into somthing like this.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/03/05, 04:59 PM
while i'm thinking abotu it I have another question.................Martial arts makes you fast and limber ..correct......( I used to take it so I know) speed is deadly in martail arts, you can't hit what you can't see or catch right? Nwo when you saw those 12 guys surrounding you, why the hell did you not run? Was it cause you have a balck belt and thought you could take them? all? I'm nto saying you did or didn't? But if your out numbered and theres no way you could win that fight, i don't care who was holding me done or kicking me, I would of got up and ran! Simple as that. Not saying you did this or not, but if your cockynes got ahead of you, then i'm not saying what they did to you was right, if you stood there and let them do it to you, then you deserved it.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2004/03/05, 05:00 PM
I agree with most - a good run is better than a bad stand
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/06, 06:29 PM
Whats the best way to take on 12 guys?....What?...there is no best way, maybe a gun, but I wouldn't suggest that. Don't fool around with a girl who dates a guy with 12 friends that will kick your ass. Thats pathetic by the way, that it took 11 of them. Be safe man and remember, there's NO "better" way to take on 12 guys other than to run!

--------------
I can beat Mario Brothers without losing a life.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/03/25, 04:14 PM
If you can't run (and only if you can't) commit yourself to the fight and hold nothing back (within reason). Try taking out the ring leader first or the biggest one, also try to situate yourself so that no one can get behind you. Use enough force to incompasitate or discourage. But if you have the chance, never stay and fight (it's taught in all martial arts). Use pressure points for quick incompasitation, but never have the intent to seriously harm anyone. And contrary to most beliefs brute force doesn't fill the whole role, calmness and skill with force is the best, but if you have the chance to escape take it.
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/03/25, 04:18 PM
Get to the fetal position as fast as possible.

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/03/25, 04:18 PM
And on a second note, don't stick to blocky defense stances, keep your self limber and small. Stances only work against a person that's going to use them on you to. And I will emphasis this once more, if the situation can be avoided or you have a route of escape, be smart and take it. Be safe and be smart.
vinniebonez
vinniebonez
Canada
2004/03/27, 11:24 AM
what we are taught in kung fu is.. when faced by a group of people.. NEVER BE CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE...
haha.. try to be quick and take on one opponent at a time.. but 12 people is way to much unless u are jet li... RUn dude