Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Get Fit >> Eat Right >> Hot Body? HOW?!

g3t_Fit
g3t_Fit
Canada
2004/01/15, 12:16 AM
Hello, I am a n0obie here.

I was wondering, how everyone copes with the cravings. I try to count my calories, but sometimes my family buys some really good food... and it's like RIGHT THERE on the counter. I eat healthy already, and I'm 5'6.5" weighing around 128 pounds. However, I want to tone my body and of course obtain those gorgeous abs... but it seems so hard?! Every time I try, I fall off the wagon. I hate it.

I was also wondering what HIIT is, because I did seach for it, but it wasn't there. Maybe if there is a link, can someone post it?

Also, I think I'm leaning towards fat-burners... but I don't want to damage my body.

Boy there enough struggles...

Help Please :(
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/01/15, 12:58 PM
Believe it or not cravings will lessen as your body gets used to your new eating plan. At first, try to find a low cal/low fat version of what you are craving, or just eat a couple bites. With me it was chocolate, but I found that instead of a whole candy bar I could satsfy that need with a couple Hersheys Kisses. You can also allow yourself a cheat meal once a week or so and plan to have that thnig you've been craving. Constantly depriving ourselves will lead to bingeing which is worse than just giving in once in a while. I found some ice cream sandwiches that are lowfat too called Skinny Cow. As for HIIT, it is High Intensity Interval Training. I cant believe nothing came up on a search, cuz there is alot of info here on it. It is a form of cardio. Maybe try using both words in your search. It consists of a 15 or 20 minute session, changing your speed every minute or so. As for fat-burners.....there are people who use them, but everyone I've talked to says to stay away from them. Diet and exercise is the answer. Quick fixes, if they work, usually bite you in the butt later. Good luck.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/15, 04:13 PM
Also, try motivating your family to get in shape. It could be fun adn rewarding for the whole family.

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author