Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

gatorade

jxlynxli
jxlynxli
United States
2003/02/11, 07:40 PM
i drink plenty of water but is gatorade or powerade bad to drink? thanks
ageis
ageis
United States
2003/02/11, 10:34 PM
it's good to drink gatorade here and there. Water is more preferrable especially during workouts. I recently stopped drinking gatorade during workouts and now sticking strictly to water. If you think about it, a 2 liter of gatorade has a lot of sugars which isn't good at all.

--------------
"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough."
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/02/12, 09:56 AM
I drink gatorade throughout the day when I need a drink with sugar. It keeps me away from the carbonated drinks or the famous southern drink, "sweet tea." But when I am working out I drink water, water, and more water. Just as a drink gatorade is fine if it is keeping you away from something worse. Keep up with drinking the water though.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/12, 10:29 AM
Gatorade was originally made with the idea of replacing electrolytes and restoring blood sugar after intense work. So, in this context, it depends on your goals as to drink it or not. If you are on a fat loss plan, then the answer is no. You want nothing to raise your blood sugar throughout the day if you can help it. This creates an insulin response each time, and insulin is your "storage" mechanism if you know what I mean. Nothing short circuits your fat loss plans or muscle gains more than rising and falling blood sugar levels throughout the day. This is the very reason for the stressing of low glycemic carbs throughout the day.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
jakelathus
jakelathus
United States
2010/05/20, 11:57 AM
no it is not bad for u i drink potered Gatorade every day when i work out
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2010/05/27, 11:31 PM
Gatorade is advertised/inferred at least to be some type of healthy thing to do. And it is if you 'earn' it. Just to drink it for the hell of it is normally unecessary calories. If you have not just finished working out or sweating profuesly in some way, chances are you do not need electrolytes replaced and added sugars.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer