Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Fitness competitions, athletic models

mickster
mickster
United States
2002/07/01, 09:18 PM
I am curious as how to get started in fitness competitions. I have been told I have the right body for it. I enjoy working out more than anything and I want to do something with it. I also am interested in doing some athletic modeling. I dont have any pictures right now but I should be getting some shortly from a photo shoot I did. I just need some ideas on where to start or if there is really a market out there for what I am looking for.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/01, 11:29 PM
Welcome to ft, Mickster! I'll have to defer your question to the female moderators...both of whom are fitness competitors.

Good luck and wish you the best if you do decide to compete!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/02, 01:09 AM
Hi Mickster and welcome.
If you want to compete you have to read anything possible about the long and also often very hard preperation for the contest. You say on your profile that you have your wanted body weight but you probably still need to loose weight for the competition. Find out your daily calorie needs.

Try to look around about the different competitions out there. Will you go figure or fitness, what category?

To compete is hard but it's worth it so I wish you all the best luck.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/07/02, 02:31 PM
Do a search online..you will find many Organizations. Pick up a few copies of Oxygen and Her (Muscle & Fitness. There are so many competitions! Also find a trainer to work with if you can!

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work....
Leslie