Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Fish oil kids

frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/12, 10:39 AM
I have bought my fish oil and had planned for the family to start to start taking it. BUT, The problem is the pills are huge I couldn't find any that were smaller. Is it possible for a child (8) to swallow these pills. And how in the world do I talk them into it. They look at me like I've gone crazy. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Trish

--------------
A** kissing only works if you know which one to kiss.

If your dog is fat, you\\'re not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown
\"Insanity is doing the same thing you\'ve always done and expecting different results.\"Roger Milliken
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/02/12, 11:31 AM
I'd suggest incorporating healthy oils into their diets in other ways like eating omega 3 rich foods like fish and nuts or by adding the oil to smoothies, cooking with olive oil etc. I wouldn't force a kid to take these pills unless they were absolutely comfortable with it. You'll have the added advantage of introducing them to healthy "whole" foods. I find it hard enough taking the pills myself everyday, so I couldn't see forcing my kids to take them.

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/12, 11:43 AM

When you say adding the oil to smoothies do you mean like Actual fish oil in a smoothie. Maybe could try that. I am in the process of trying to introduce all of us to the healthier foods. But not all of us especially the kids are open to this. Though they have had to adjust because its what is in the house. Thanks for the help. Trying to force these kids to do anything is not an option. The are to stubborn to FORCE. LOL

--------------

\"Insanity is doing the same thing you\'ve always done and expecting different results.\"Roger Milliken
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/02/12, 02:45 PM
I've never used it, but I've heard Udon's Oil is good for adding to smoothies etc. I don't think you'd be wanting to add fish oil--ick! I think you're after the Omega 3's, so you could buy things that are supplimented with it, like eggs, milk etc. Nuts are a good source as well. Flax seed can also be added to things like yogurt and cereal and even muffins. I routinely cook with olive oil now and use it for my salad dressing etc.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/02/12, 05:16 PM
They must be stubborn like their Momma frnchfry :)
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/02/13, 07:34 AM
HAHA Conan :). BUT thank god they are only my brothers otherwise I might have sold them a long time ago. Just Kidding. I love em' it's a lomg story though for an entirely different post. I treat them like they were mine. But I am Sissy to them. No kids Here I got so many in my family I do not need to add to the madness.....Trust me. And by the way what do you mean... ME STUBBORN. HA
YA okay so maybe a little:).....

--------------