Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

First plateau

mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/09, 11:19 AM
Greeting's,
I beleive I have hit my first plateau I am only 9 weeks in. For the past 2 weeks I have been unable to break through it's like my strenght went bye bye. What is the best way to fight back up? I am just going to keep lifting hard till I get over it but is there any way to speed this up.

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
2004/02/09, 11:39 AM
I thinh tha change in the routine more frequently has helped me bust the plateaus the best. I use pyramid for a few weeks then change to strip set with supersets. Then on to somthing else. Robert over time has suggested deepsquatter.com and several other places to look at routines.

I use the FT routine as a basic wotkout and switch the reps and sets from other places just to keep my body guessing. Gatormade has some good ideas but most of the time I don't completely understand what he is saying.

You can also get some ideas for changeup in the FT journals. There is a wide variety of stuff that is laid out well and easy to understand.

Hope this helps, Mike,

Good luck

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/02/09, 11:48 AM
When was your last break? When was the last time you changed your routine? Your body adapts to stress pretty rapidly, and any little change may help you break your plateau. Let us know.....

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/02/09, 01:39 PM
I'm with Rev...what helps me is a week (at least 5 days) off after 6-8 weeks, then a complete change in routine after that.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/09, 09:14 PM
I have been going strong on the current program for 7 weeks now. Maybe it's time to change things up. Thanks - Mike

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/02/10, 10:23 AM
You should take a week off from the iron every 6-9 weeks. Also, I change my plan every 2-3 weeks to stay fresh. Your body will adapt to a new stressor within 1-3 weeks. Try changing your exercises every 3 weeks to stay fresh.