Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

FINALLY...

RaskalSbp
RaskalSbp
United States
2003/07/01, 03:11 PM
my pics finally made it on here. I do have 1 question about skull crushers. Is it common to get a tight elbow doing this exercise. I am working with 50lb dumbells when doing this exercise and I think they heavy weight is putting quite a bit of stress on the elbow. I've been doing clean and press for the last 2 weeks and WOW! It is a total body work out. I recommend this
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/07/01, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with the cleans remark!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a "tight" elbow, but SCs do put a lot of stress on them joints! Alternate your tricep exercise, maybe from an "extending" motion to more of a pressing lift.

Best of luck...

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
plfitness
plfitness
United States
2003/07/01, 10:44 PM
The issue with using dumbell extensions with a nuetral grip is that it can allow an excessive stretch at the bottom of the movement when alot of weight is used. This puts an extreme amount of stress on the connective tissue in the elbow & can even lead to tendonitis (as I found out from experience). I found that it is best to perform skull crushers with an E-Z curl bar & use the dumbell versions with lighter weight as not to aggrivate the elbow.

--------------
\\"Knowledge & persistence is all one needs to succeed\"\
---Patrick L.