Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Fear of good foods..

philliec99
philliec99
Ireland
2009/04/24, 07:37 PM
Greetings one and all,

My first post, so please be gentle. :)

I have an issue, one that I have had most of my life. I've always had a diet issue. There are only few foods that I've liked to eat, unfortunately, most of it is bad.

I want to eat healthier, as I know it is key to losing my excess weight. But the thoughts of eating food that I think won't taste good gives my stomach the turns of getting sick.

It's a problem I obviously have to get over this and start eating healthier, or all the work I do in the home gym will be for nought.

Is there anything I can to overcome this? Does anyone have similar experiences that they have overcome? Anything that could assist me, I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/27, 10:40 AM
I hate to say it but you may very well need to force yourself to acclimate to new foods. I have come from the fast food darkside to really appreciate whole foods and clean dieting but it wasn't easy. I still to this day am not a huge fan of some of the things I eat but it seriously came down to me choosing either "tastes good and fat" or "tastes alright and skinny". But on a serious note, once you step over to healthier eating, your tastes will change. You will find things that surprise you and you'll really enjoy. Just buck up at first and it gets easier from there.