Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

fast weight loss with good muscle tone

TaRaB2
TaRaB2
United States
2009/06/29, 11:53 AM
Hi i am 31 years old 5 foot tall weigh about 198 now, i used to be very fit dancer, cheerleader and still am active can still dance just got a lot of jiggle, i need to get back into shape what is the fastest way to lose weight and tone muscles back into shape?
TaRaB2
TaRaB2
United States
2009/06/29, 12:04 PM
i am ready to really start dedicating myself to the right choices just don't know what those choices should be

should i exercise in morning or at night

can i drink coffee diet pepsi or should i give them up

cardio everyday or just the three times a week along with my strenth training

what is the best exercises to target breast firmness

what if i can't do a sit up because they give me headaches didn't used to though

i so need help
TaRaB2
TaRaB2
United States
2009/06/30, 11:36 AM
awweee thought maybe i might have one answer to at least one question

mendo707za
mendo707za
United States
2009/07/02, 05:23 PM
im not a trainer. but i did lose 50 pounds recently. i mustve kept some muscle since i was only a little less strong than i used to be. now ive been trying to gain some streingth. what i would start off with is your BMR (basal metabolic rate). you can find this anywhere online, there are different ways to calculate it and they are all within the same ballpark give or take 100 cals (which can make a difference) but just make sure you are at a calorie deficit. i went with 500 to 800 calorie deficit per day. 800 seems a little extreme but i was desperate. i think ive read however, that its safe to go up to a 1,000 cal deficit, thats 7,000 cal def in a week which totals to 2pounds lost since a pound is about 3,500 cals. i dont believe it matters what time of the day you excercise since your calculating your BMR which includes even the cals you burn while at rest (sleeping). make realistic goals. dont expect to fit into your skinny jeans in a month. make small changes in your diet that you can live with, dont go so extreme that eventually you give in and binge for days in a row. its a long term commitment (life-time if you ask me). The key is motivation, feel proud of yourself starting now because you have decided to make a change for the best.
i dont see why diet pepsi or coffee would be a problem (except for all the hype about the sweetners used in sugar free drinks) as far as weight lose goes caffeine might help boost your energy a little so you get a better workout or the most out of your days. just make sure and drink alot of water.
these are things i found worked for myself. every body is different and you might find you have to adjust things i suggested or completely discard them and thats fine. its a trial and error thing, i dont think i still have the perfect diet for what my goals are, but im getting results. make a log of all your workouts, and what you eat every day. note down any results.... its all about numbers
2009/07/02, 06:06 PM

============
Quoting from TaRaB2:

i am ready to really start dedicating myself to the right choices just don't know what those choices should be

should i exercise in morning or at night
==============================
Doesn't matter as long as it is convenient enough for you to stick with

can i drink coffee diet pepsi or should i give them up
==================================
Limit soda and coffee. Drink lots of water. Drop sugar as much as you can

cardio everyday or just the three times a week along with my strenth training
==========================================

Strength train 3 days a week, do cardio on three off days. Take aday off and rest

what is the best exercises to target breast firmness
==============================
Breasts are fatty tissue. I don't have them but I'm told you're stuck with what you got. You may lose breast mass as you lose weight. My wife does. Chest exercises may provide a teeny bit of lift but not much. Learn to love what you have. Any good man will.

what if i can't do a sit up because they give me headaches didn't used to though
===========================
Do crunches. Build up. Breath properly. Don't hold your breath. If headachs continue see your doctor

i so need help
=============
The best advice you'll ever get is DON'T QUIT.
Good luck and keep asking questions.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie