Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Exercises for women over 50

Uzza
Uzza
United States
2009/03/09, 05:39 AM
I am 54 and need to lose 80 lbs, I noted in my profile that I had an operation for a calcified rotator cuff in the right should, and have the same problem with my left shoulder. I suffer a right knee injury so I cannot use the thread mill or do heavy lifting. Many of the exercised assigned to me are for much younger, fitter people. What am I do?:(
Roni2008
Roni2008
United States
2009/05/16, 05:47 AM
Hi Uzza, I am 52 and need to lose about 80-100 lbs, have right knee osteoarthritis, bone spurs, and a baker cycts. I am also finding it hard to find exercise that will help that does not cause even more pain in my right knee, having some trouble with the left knee now that it is carry much more of my weight. God bless you I pray that you will find the help you need and want to be healthing
:big_smile:
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2009/06/09, 02:01 PM
Getting older can be a bummer. :laugh: I don't know if the link will help you out or not but a lot of your workout will be experimenting with different exercises or even just different angles for your exercises. I quit trying to work through any pain a long time ago and find it simpler to find something that works the target muscle/group. Even resistance bands give you a lot of latitude and you don't need massive amounts of weight while you get your routine down.

http://freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/ExerciseResources.jsp