Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

exercise?

miraclegoodlet
miraclegoodlet
United States
2011/02/19, 01:50 PM
i been working out since jan 17th doing 35 mins on treadmill 30 mins at 3.5 and 5 mins at 2.8 then doing the exercise this site tells me to do 5 days a week i've lost 16lbs. my workout treadmill and all last about a hr to a hr and 15 mins should i be working out longer than what i do in a day or should i be doing more and if more what else should i do? thanks amanda
travisdickey
travisdickey
United States
2011/02/22, 11:36 PM
This will depend entirely on your goals. If losing weight is your goal, then yes, keep doing what you're doing. If its not broken, for now, don't fix it. Your treadmill work seems to be just walking, eventually you could step up into jogging and then maybe for longer distances. But an hour-ish workout is normal for both cardio and weights.
miraclegoodlet
miraclegoodlet
United States
2011/02/24, 12:47 AM
ok thank you i was wondering cause i watch those shows where people are losing weight and they are losing in a wk what has took me a month to lose so i felt i must be doing something wrong. what is the best way to season veg i quit buying red meat and started using turkey instead and i found real good reciepes on meat but really none on healthy way to cook veg can you give me some pointers. thank you for your input

============
Quoting from travisdickey:

This will depend entirely on your goals. If losing weight is your goal, then yes, keep doing what you're doing. If its not broken, for now, don't fix it. Your treadmill work seems to be just walking, eventually you could step up into jogging and then maybe for longer distances. But an hour-ish workout is normal for both cardio and weights.
=============
travisdickey
travisdickey
United States
2011/02/24, 01:15 AM
For my veggies, I generally steam them then put some molly mcbutter on them, or maybe shredded cheese.

As for watching biggest loser and such, just know that they have expert dietitians on there knowing exactly how much someone should eat per day. They have very specific training plans. Just know that those results are SO VERY FAR from reality. The results are very abnormal. That is the one downside of the show. On one hand it shows you that anyone can lose weight. But it also discourages many into thinking that if they're not losing 10+lbs a week, they should just quit. Keep it up, you'll do fine.
miraclegoodlet
miraclegoodlet
United States
2011/03/01, 11:40 AM
what is a up right row exercise and a power clean exercise it says it will work your upper back