Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Encouraging Hubby To Get Fit/Loose Weigh

mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/04, 09:12 AM
Hi all

Hubby here is what I call fat/skinny.Hes got a lean body,but a huge belly..hes only 37 and iam concerned for his health.His family has a history of high blood pressure and bad cholesterol...I want him to be fit and healthy.

He eats alot of junk food,that he buys himself and I dont want to have to monitor the eating habits of a grown man,so how can I approach him gently about my concerns

I love him to bits and want to keep him around for a long time
MannyMaster
MannyMaster
United States
2006/05/04, 12:49 PM
When I did WW last year I got my husband to do it with me. Back then I told him that he would be doing it to help me, so I don't have to watch him eat junk food or have junk in the house which would make it very difficult for me to succeed. He lost a lot of weight doing it and felt great. Then in November he injured his knee, He finally had surgery in March but it's still not back to normal. Out of frustration he fell back into bad eating habits and stopped working out all together. He refuses to go and work out as long he's not all better:angry: He just won't listen to me and believe me that he can still work out other parts of the body and start getting back in shape. I don't know what else I can do to help him overcome his hurdle:(

--------------
"One Ring to rule them all; One Ring to find them; One Ring to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them." -LOTR Trilogy
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/05/04, 06:29 PM
You need to tell him exactly how you feel. Sometimes subtle hints don't always work with guys (being male, I should know :) ). Don't call him "Fatty" or anything demeaning, but be serious and be ready to back up your argument because he will try to avoid the topic (trust me). Keep us updated. If all else fails, all of us here at FreeTrainers can go to your house and threaten him until he's persuaded.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/04, 11:06 PM
Mystic, take it from me. Men are all about making women happy. Do as jb stated and just confront him. Tell him, I love your body babe, but if you lost the belly, I'd be in heaven. And you'll be healthier to boot. Beleive it or not, the idea he's going to be more appealing to you, will mean more than being healthier.

--------------
Blow Up The Outside World-Chris Cornell
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/05/05, 06:47 AM
JB and Mojo-thanks for the ideas...they are both great..
2006/05/05, 07:14 AM
belly is the worst area to carry fat...it means it around organs which is the worst....those who have it in the hips, butt are relatively better off...:/

yea sometimes the most direct approach is the best one....gl