Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

embarrasing/ prob. off topic,but HELP

kittykatbat
kittykatbat
United States
2002/03/04, 04:17 PM
When i was younger, i was FAT, i've gotten slim now, but I have stretch marks on my shoulders and stomache area, its REALLY EMBARRASSING!!!! i assume i got them from being fat when i was younger, but i've had them for as long as i can remember, and I'd LOVE to know how to get rid of, or reduce their appereance. I know this is prob. off topic, but i thought i'd ask if anyone knew how to get rid of them.... THANKS for any help at all.... ~~Beth~~
kittykatbat
kittykatbat
United States
2002/03/04, 04:23 PM
Also, if no one here knows, do you have any idea where to look to find out? (there prob. isn't a way, but i thought i'd try) I'm only 17, and I'm so embarrassed about it that, i'm always wearing something w/ sleeves, or a t-shirt. In june sometime, i cant get away with that, because my sister is getting married, and i'm in the bridal party thingy, and she picked out this dress that i HAVE to wear, and it totally exposes my shoulders, so, i'm trying to see what i can find before then.....
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/03/04, 06:12 PM
This is the right kind of post for this topic. We all get stretch marks. I got quite a bit after having my daughter. I use straight vitamin E oil and it has really reduced the stretch marks. They are barely noticeable anymore. Also you could try cocoa butter. It also smooths your skin while helps to reduce stretch marks. At a young age, I can understand your concern, especially with the summer coming up. My best advice is to try and find some vitamin E oil, it does work well.

--------------
Lisa
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/03/05, 07:19 AM
do as roni suggested. unfortunately they never go away but they do fade and become less noticable. they start out unsightly red and then fade to a shade of your skin tone.

--------------
Your presence is marked by your giving, not by what you gain........Leslie
Alorle
Alorle
United States
2002/03/06, 02:06 PM
Eucerin ( I think that's how it's spelled) is a very good vitamin E lotion. You're pretty much stuck with them though, unless you go under the knife. I do have a humourous story to share though, regarding stretch marks. My baby sister (yikes! She's 21) and her boyfriends mother do NOT get along. I think his mother is psycho or something. Anywho, his mother told him that she didn't want him seeing my sister anymore. Her reasoning? She had been pregnant. Now, if you knew my sister, you would find this hilarious. Apparently, his mother had seen my sister's stretch marks, and determined that the only way you get stretch marks is by being pregnant, and therefore, she was a hussy and had been pregnant and was hiding it from her boyfriend. Ha! One year, my sister grew almost a foot, hence the stretch marks. She is now almost 5'10". Eventually, they were able to convince the woman that my sister had not been pregnant, but geesh!

--------------
"Do not try. Do. Or do not. There is no try" --Yoda
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/03/06, 06:41 PM
Wow, his mother must have had the perfect body to assume you only get stretch marks from having kids.

--------------
Lisa