Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Egg substitutes?

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/20, 01:41 PM
Hi! Does anyone know of any good egg substitutes that do not contain real egg? I get really sick when I eat eggs, so I switched to egg whites and even to "Egg Beaters" which is a substitute which still contains a little bit of real egg. Even a smigeon of the real egg makes me sick. I'm desperate for a substitute or solution because I LOVE eggs and desperately miss egg white omlets for breakfast. OR, does anyone know if taking lactaid or anything before eating eggs will eliminate my getting sick when I eat them? Thanks!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/02/21, 12:02 PM
Do you mean you get sick off of the egg yolks? I'm the same way. Stick with the products that say 100% liquid egg whites (not egg sub), which is what I do, and you should be fine. Also, try powdered egg whites (sportprotein.com), and that should work, too.

Good luck!

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/21, 01:41 PM
Thanks! It used to be just the yolks, but then it started being the whites even. I was doing egg white only omlets for months and suddenly started getting sick on those too. Last night I went out and bought egg whites and said that I WILL eat eggs! I don't care if I have to chase it with a bottle of Pepto Bismol! ha ha. I had them about 7:00 this morning and so far so good! The stomach ache usually kicks in about 3 hours after I eat them, so I think I'll be ok! YAY! Not sure what was up for those couple of months. Maybe it was a fluke thing? Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the powdered whites too.
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/02/21, 01:46 PM
Well, I googled it, and I found a product called egg-replacer made by ener-g. It's gluten free, which may have been the problem for you. Do you maybe have a sensitivity to gluten, or is it just for the eggs? It's also free of eggs as well. Anyways, the website is
https://www.ener-g.com/store/detail.aspx?section=8&cat=8&id=97
so maybe you can check those out. Hopefully it helps!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/02/21, 02:52 PM
Awesome. Thanks Jess! No problems with gluten that I know of, but it couldn't hurt to try them.