Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Eating to little...? Please Help.

Newtwarrior
Newtwarrior
United States
2007/11/15, 01:08 PM
Ok, to shorten my story about 1 1/2 or so ago I was 400 pounds. I am now 195 or so, and for the longest time the way I have been doing things has been working fine. But I am trying to lose more weight (185 is goal). I am EXTREMELY active, I will list my schedule here.

Breakfast usually consists of about a Cup of Cereal and (skim) milk, with a glass of orange juice. Considering I eat lunch only a short time later it is why I don't eat much there.

160 Cereal
110 Juice

Lunch - A Wrap with w/e deli meats we got in the house, with a slice of cheese, we usually buy low sodium ham (my fav ) and I would usually bring a banana or some cheerios.

Wrap 110
Ham x3 (piece) 90
Cheese - 90
Banana/Cherrios 90

so 380

Dinner is all random, I could have something good or bad, it all depends, though my family does it healthy most of the time, but I'd say dinner usually has rice, which is about (my serving size anyway) 80 Cals + I have some sort of desert its winter now so usually a mug of hot cocoa, or some ice cream! (120)

Considering dinner is always the biggest meal Im going to say (with desert + rice included) so possibly 500-1000 its all random I'm afriad.

So lets say 800

1450 total

Monday (Cardio/Gym)
Breakfast (6:30)
Class
Lunch ( 10:45-11:00 depends on class)
Class
Gym (2:30-4:30)
Home
Dinner
Cardio (1 Hour, I DDR ..ha!)

Tues:
Off Completely
Breakfast (6-7)
Lunch (11 or so)
Cardio (6 Miles I run)
I usually have something in between possibly a banana or some goldfish.
Dinner
Cardio (back to DDR for practice and I can't stand laying around after I eat..)

Wends: See Mon

Thurs
breakfast (6:30)
class
Lunch (11:15)
Cardio (6 miles again)
class
dinner
Cardio (ddr)

Friday
Breakfast (6:30)
class
lunch (12:00)
gym (around 1:00-3:00)
home
dinner
cardio (ddr again..)

Saturday: see Tues

Sunday : I tend to do nothing on this day, really, maybe walk or something, but nothing strenuous.

I have read injesting to little puts your body in stravation mdoe and it preseres what it has despite what Im burning off...Im just need a positive "Ok" before I start injesting more Im afriad to gain more weight, after being what I was I'm just scared you know..? I had a test done saying I could injest 2400 cals or so w/o gaining weight by my lifestyle.

Please i'd appreciate suggestions.

P.s. sorry for bad grammer..in a rush XD
elkevinoebay
elkevinoebay
United States
2007/11/22, 12:09 PM
I think I am experiencing a similar problem. Freetrainers is telling me that I should be eating about 4400 calories a day in order to slim up and gain definition. I have trouble even eating the standard 2000 per day. With work and school, it just seems that there isnt much time in my day to stop and have a snack. Does anyone have any 'healthy snack for a meal' suggestions without spending too much money, I am just a waiter? And sorry NewtWarrior for not offering any viable advice for ya. Although I did read that as long as you don't drop your calorie intake too drastically, you should lose weight. You've been tested at burning 2400 calories per day..try dropping down to 2300 for a week or so and see if you lose a pound, then the next week drop another 50 little steps y'know. According to what I've read you should be able to achieve a healthy loss dropping calories that way just don't go overboard!

--------------
Chuck Norris\\'s tears have the ability to cure cancer. Too bad he never cries.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/11/27, 09:11 AM
Easy things such as peanuts, peanut butter, almonds, walnuts are easy to take a bag full with you. They have a fair amount of calories, and a lot of good fats.