Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Eating schedule. Help!

oaer55
oaer55
United States
2004/03/29, 01:55 PM
Thanks to asimmer to guide me to this forum. I’ve been working in an office for a while and I don’t really eat that much but I’m gaining weight. So, that is way I’m going to let you know what and when do I eat on regular basis:

0800: Cereal with yogurt.
1100: Fruit (most of the time cantaloupes, )
1700: Soup, rice meat/fish or chicken/ salad potatoes, vegetable. (Broccoli, green beans )

I drink water and I don’t fill hungry to tell you the true. I want to change that. I weight 225 Lb.; I’m 6.3, 27 y/o. I'm going to the gym 5 days a week.
Can you guide me to a better and organized food schedule?

Thank you.

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/31, 07:56 AM
You need more protein and more food.

Look at my post Someone to Watch Over me - my diet is only around 1700 calories, and that is more than you are getting in! You need to feed your muscles.

You don't feel hungry because your body has adapted to a lower caloric intake, it thinks you are in famine, probably.

Look for the Grocery List for a Bodybuilder post, it has a list of good foods to build your healthier eating plan with.

If you weigh 225, the least amount of calories you need, by my calculations, is 2,600. Take that amount and break it down into 40%Carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat, that is a good starting ratio.
Eat 5-6 small meals every day.
Get on an exercise plan that works for your schedule.

Good luck!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/06, 06:18 AM
I would die of starvation if I eat like that. asimmer is dead right.
The freetrainers nutrition and exercise guides have added years to my life. Fill in all the profile stuff and really read thru' the nutrition goals and stuff. It is unbelievably accurate on the old calorie thing..
I find the nutrition database great for getting balance to my food choices throughout each day. So do a food diary and analyse the content of it.. It makes a huge difference.
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/06, 06:18 AM
I would die of starvation if I eat like that. asimmer is dead right.
The freetrainers nutrition and exercise guides have added years to my life. Fill in all the profile stuff and really read thru' the nutrition goals and stuff. It is unbelievably accurate on the old calorie thing..
I find the nutrition database great for getting balance to my food choices throughout each day. So do a food diary and analyse the content of it.. It makes a huge difference.
kat2820
kat2820
United States
2006/06/25, 03:00 PM
how do fit my schedule i work
overnight