Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

dont do them?

kibbz
kibbz
United States
2001/06/25, 12:40 PM
i am doing the 12 week mass program. but does this mean not to do basic exercises unless FT says to? I usually do dips and pushups on my chest day and pull ups on back day. should i leave these out becuase FT does not have them in my program yet? is there a reason for this?
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/06/25, 08:19 PM
Follow the program as it states as the exercises build on each other. You should cycle your training to "shock"" the muscle into developing. Repetitive exercises over long periods of time decreases the growth due to "staleness". The muscle adjusts to the level. To continue growing you need to increase weight, intensity(reps), and/or decrease rest periods. Most mass programs you can increase rest times to be able to get the maximum weight and reps.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/06/25, 08:24 PM
kibbz,

I have gone thru the 12 week. If I remember correctly, chinups are in the programs following the first 4 strict weeks. Dips are in there as well I believe.

I would say stick with the program as it is.. otherwise you are giving yourself less of a chance of attaining the goals that the program(s) is designed to bring.

Just my opinion.

.o0 Arnold 0o.