Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Discipline, Motivation, suggestions?

bridgitpf
bridgitpf
United States
2005/10/22, 11:47 PM
New to the site but not the gym, since 1998 been working for a nationwide well-known fitness center(admin). Lifting on and off, get excited, see results, then get bored and give up. I know how to lift, how to diet (but would rather have the same thing to eat daily instead of so many differnet meals), the amount of calories, cardio. I have started programs with friends, but only watched them cross the stage. I cut out pictures of fitness pros I admire, and imagine myself some day in the articles with them, but it's not enough I lack discipline, motivation. I joined the Marine Corps (out now) just so the Drill Instructors could kick my behind. I'm turning 28(soon) and I can't let another yr go by without actually reaching and finishing my goal at least once. Any suggestions, comments, concerns? Please.

--------------
\\"Fitness is a lifestyle, not an activity.\\"
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/10/23, 12:31 PM
Get a training partner that is willing to kick your ass for you. I could tell you some motivational quote or inspirational story, but in 2 days you wont remember the quote and in 3 days the story wont matter. Find someone that is willing to work with you at a regular time, on set days, and workout with you. Make sure it is someone that is committed. You are much less likely to skip a session if you have it planned with someone. That is the best advise I can give you, having always been in the opposite position.
Good luck, and welcome to FT!

--------------
To have talent is to have limits. I have no talent therefor I have no limits.
Steve Prefontaine

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
bridgitpf
bridgitpf
United States
2005/10/23, 01:29 PM
Thanks, I know what I have to do, it's the doing it. :angry:
Bridgit

--------------
\\"Fitness is a lifestyle, not an activity.\\"