Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

dieting

arielwilburn
arielwilburn
United States
2008/12/27, 07:41 PM
I am new to thiswhole dieting thing and I just dont know where to start any suggestions because I am really serious about slimimg down in the next 6 months.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/12/29, 01:09 AM
First off, thinking of it as a "dieting thing" is going to kill you in the future... trust me.

The key to losing weight is knowing healthy foods, & when to eat them... Studies show people who keep track of what they eat & have a set list of goals have better results and stick to the program. In order to help you further we're gonna have to know your current weight, your goal weight, and the amount of physical activity you do.. Once we have those it'll be determined what your daily calorie intake should be to keep you losing weight.. Many people tend to use 1200 as a base for daily caloric intake (Of course this changes if you are physically active).

Best of luck!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/29, 12:38 PM
Your diet is gonna have to be #1 in priorities. A good rule of thumb is 10-12 calories per pound of body weight, per day for weight loss. You'll need to find little ways to change your eating habits at first. Side salads with low calorie dressing, a small baked potato,and sides of veggies, are all ways to help fill your stomach but keep your calories in check. Read labels and understand portion sizes.
Also you need to get a good strength training and cardio program going.

============
Quoting from arielwilburn:

I am new to thiswhole dieting thing and I just dont know where to start any suggestions because I am really serious about slimimg down in the next 6 months.
=============