Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

dieting

Joanne
Joanne
United States
2002/05/03, 02:37 PM
I am a female soccer player, I lift weights twice a week
speed train twice a week. I weigh 148 pounds,I am 5'6''
I would like to lose about 10 pounds and not lose any
muscle or energy. Every time I cut back on eating I lose
energy and fatigue really easy. Can anybody out there give
a diet to follow and some advise.

thank you,
Vert tired
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/03, 02:44 PM
If your cutting you can't just focus on losing fat.. you'll lose some muscle in the process.. as far as the energy and fatigue part.. i'm not sure.. I haven't cut back my diet but I think i've seen some people say that their irritable or so on if their cutting... also are you following the diet given to you in the ft nutrition section.. if you set your goal then it should tell you just how many calories/carbs/protien/fat you should take in to lose weight... don't forget to fill out your profile...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/03, 04:32 PM
Welcome to ft!

Well, how old are you? Also, when you mean "cut back on eating," does that mean that you eat once a day? The problem with what people consider a "diet" is that they go on a binge and not eat more than once or twice a day. When this happens, the body actually does the opposite: it begins to store additional fat because it is being forced to starve. Additionally, it goes after muscle tissue for energy!

What I would recommend is to lower your daily caloric intake while increasing protein intake. You'll have to monitor your carb/fat/protein intake everyday and try to maintain a certain level consistently. You can use ft's nutritional tracker for this. More critically, you have to eat 5-6 small meals a day to keep your body from starving itself and converting itself into a fat storage device. Next, you'll need to increase your cardio activities to at least 3x per week.

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/04, 01:22 AM
Oh you cannot completely avoid to feel a little tired when cutting. Your body doesn't receive all the needed sugar to recover fast any longer so it'll just take a little more time.
But often it's just the first week of diet and then your body will adjust and you'll feel fine but keep losing fat.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....