Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

diet check up

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/23, 07:26 AM
Looks pretty good, steph. I don't think you can overeat spinach, lol. Most green fibrous veggies can bethought of as 'free' foods, since they have very low calories for the volume you can eat and they have fiber.

keep it up and let us know how it goes!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

laxqu3692
laxqu3692
United States
2008/07/22, 09:38 PM
hi all:

i am in the process of trying to lose weight, and was wondering if someone could check my menu out and see if it looks balanced.

i think i'm eating fairly cleanly - low calorie, low carb, protein and veggies, good fats, but i'm just not too sure. i haven't had sugar, pasta, or alcohol in about 2 weeks...and frankly i don't really miss any of it.

i just want to be sure i'm not overeating (eating entire bags of salad and fresh spinach) nor am i starving myself..so if anyone has any advice, i'll take it!

meal #1:
1/2 c oats OR 2 slice real stone ground whole wheat toast
4 eggwhite scramble w/ 1TBS salsa - it's homemade and legit. ha.

OR the surprisingly delicious BB pancakes

meal #2:
EAS advant carb shake OR 4 boiled egg whites and a white flesh peach

meal #3:
4oz grilled chicken breast
salad w/ cucumbers and tomatoes and 1/2 - 1 tbs oil (either flax or olive) and ACV

OR 4oz chicken w/ 1oz real stone ground WW pita (15 carbs) and 1/2 avocado smeared on and 1TBS salsa.

meal #3:
EAS advant carb shake OR 4 boiled egg whites and a white flesh peach

meal #4:

most days:
4oz chicken breast
salad w/ veggies and 1tbs olive oil and acv OR package of fresh spinach wilted down in micro w/ lemon OR spinach and mushroom combo w/ shallots and 1 TBS smart balance

1-2 times a week:
5oz cod and 2 oz fingerling potato salad - both boiled and tossed w/ 1/2 TBS olive oil, garlic, shallots, parsley and salad with 1/2 TBS olive oil and ACV

sparingly:
4oz eye round / top round steak and same vegetable deal

meal #5:
either cottage cheese OR these "weird" organic chicken sausage links - about 90cals, made with real ingredients.. lol.

i've recently started taking an ACV and green tea extract supplement. i drink at least 1/2 gallon of water a day...i love crystal lite...not sure if this is problematic - i account for the 10cal per liter bottle. i lift 3 times a week (and play tennis in the evenings on these days), and about 45 minutes of cardio on other days. my day off varies, but it's usually saturday.

thanks.
steph
laxqu3692
laxqu3692
United States
2008/07/22, 09:39 PM
good thing i'm an english teacher... i messed up the numbering of my meals, but they're in the correct order. sorry.
laxqu3692
laxqu3692
United States
2008/07/23, 02:23 PM
thanks amy. i guess eating a full bag of spinach with my dinner is better than chowing down on an entire bag of doritos... lol.