Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Diet and spicy foods

knatedawg
knatedawg
United States
2002/11/13, 09:35 PM
I was wondering about spicy foods and your diet. Ive read that spicy foods help boost your metabolism and are good for you. Also i have read that the slow your digestion which is not a good thing. Im hooked a tabasco sauce and other hot spices instead of using other condiments that contain calories. Does this make a difference?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/13, 10:11 PM
Not at all. Why not spice up your foods! Dieting is hard enough without having to eat bland, tasteless food. I too am hooked on hot sauce. On my last competition diet, I used it up until the last week. Any 0 cal spices, wet or dry, are basically "free". Some may have some sodium content, which is the main reason for cutting them out the last week, but if you do not have that concern, then no problem.
2002/12/03, 02:02 PM
are you talking like Pace Picante or tabasco only

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

Not at all. Why not spice up your foods! Dieting is hard enough without having to eat bland, tasteless food. I too am hooked on hot sauce. On my last competition diet, I used it up until the last week. Any 0 cal spices, wet or dry, are basically "free". Some may have some sodium content, which is the main reason for cutting them out the last week, but if you do not have that concern, then no problem.

=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/12/03, 02:06 PM
Either...they are both fine. Salsa has nothing for calories. Great on eggwhites to spice them up some. Tabasco on anything is fine. Feel free to use it liberally.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/12/03, 03:20 PM
Mrs. Dash is fantastic, it has no salt and comes in a bunch of yummy flavors including garlic and herb. I don't know if you can get it outside Canada, but check it out if you're interested.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
kenny_wtf
kenny_wtf
United Kingdom
2005/08/18, 12:36 PM
i LUVVVVV hot HOT food. i cannot eat anything without chilli(well almost anything). im from sri lanka and now living in uk. at home we are used to eating extremely spicy food. i luv it luv it luv it!
tabasco sauce is great. and fresh chillies mmmm