Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

decline fly and press

lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/05/15, 11:18 PM
Has anyone ever tried these?? you do a decline fly then bring them up and do a decline press. It really smashes the pecs!!! great burn material.

----------------------------
"Imagine what you could do,
if you could do what you imagine."
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/05/16, 01:49 AM
I have tried it and like it, but I hear so much that decline movements for the chest are a waste of time. I dont know if its true or not, I personally think declines are good exercises. I read alot about pro BB saying they are useless, anyone else hear that?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/16, 10:05 AM
I have never seen any pro bb say not to do decline exercises.. I haven't done any lately but overall I do like them.. you can't see it in my pics but I would usually favor one side on some decline movements (or at least thats what I think happened) so one side of my chest (the right) curves off at the bottom if I flex it and the left just doesn't at all... looks pretty messed up... It hasn't been evening off lately because I haven't done any decline movements in forever but i'm starting to add them to my routine lately.. I doubt there would be any other way to even that area out (maybe dips leaning forward?)...
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/05/16, 02:43 PM
Kevin Levrone LOL I can name others and quote the mags, Muscle and Fitness January 2002, Pg. 152 Levrone "I also never do decline exercises for my chest. Never, ever. I think the person who invented decline machines and benches was just trying to make some money. And, hey I never saw Arnold doing them, so why should I"?
LOL I have seen other BB say the same, just cant get a direct quote right now, i dunno, these juice heads must know something..LOL
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/16, 03:39 PM
Wow I don't read enough articles by pro's... maybe I should go hunting again for a yates or lee interview I saw a while back but didn't totally read through...