Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Cycling Accident

jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2006/07/28, 06:08 PM
Hi, i just had a accident on my bike today, i got knocked off by a van im not seriously injured. I just have stiches in my arm and a swollen collar bone, should i let these get better before returning to do weights.

I have jsut had two weeks off and wanted to get back to it, but if that will only make things worse then i suppose i really shouldn't.

Also, i was wondering if anyone could helpe me out and tell me if i was in the right or wrong in the accident. I'm in uk so we drive/ride on the left. So i went around an island and then when i got around there was traffic so the cars were going slow but i was still pumping out 25mph, and then as i am goin past the van it indicated as i was level with it, and then turned into me making me crash snap his mirror and land on floor (my spds didn't help i suppose). I guess i got lucky it could have been worse, it could have easily caused me some broken ribs. Luckily i was wearing an helmet as well like you all should!

My dad said i was in the wrong here, i shouldn't go down the left of the cars (uk remember). Well then that means i should stay in middle of the lane, which would piss drivers off and cause diliberate "accidents" or on the right of them close to oncoming traffic, and if i car decides to turn right and pulls out slightly then i could b as good as dead on incoming traffic. I don't know, do you think i was right or wrong.

Thanks guys.
jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2006/07/29, 01:53 PM
He stopped and said "comeon i best drive you home" but i refused. I never really thought about compo ,im only 16 and didn't know if i was right, so i didn't get any details. So no compo, im alright though just a scar and a story to tell:)