Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine w/ College Cafeteria Food

cowdogg
cowdogg
United States
2006/12/04, 01:08 AM
Hi; I've been working out for about two years now, I am 5'11 and use to be 225pounds. I am now bouncing between 190 (while I'm working out) and 180 when I'm not (Muscle mass goes away/fat come later...) This plateau has been going on far too long. Anyway now that I'm in college I am probably in the best shape of my life but have again, hit a plateau. I will be starting the adv. fitness program this week instead of my regular routine and plan on taking Creatine supplements for the first time. Now I've read up on this a little and have an idea of how much creatine to take... but can't find much on a steady diet incorporated w/ the creatine... other then protein protein protein. If anyone has any tips on what to eat that'd be great; mind you I'm stuck to the limitations of a College Cafeteria.

Plans: Increase Muscle Mass

Currently i've been eating:

Breakfast(Egg/Sausage/Cheese Sandwhich or Protein Shake)

Brunch(Rx - Met-Rx - Big 100 Super Cookie Crunch)

Lunch/Mid Day(Breaded Chicken Sandwhich w/ Lettuce and Garden Salad)

4pm-5pmish(If hungry I'll eat another protein bar... usually some sort of Powerbar)

Dinner(If it's steak night... Corn/Steak/Bread if not; Roast Beef Sandwhich or Stirfry w/ Beef)

I have only been drinking water and the occasional energy supplement drink (No Fear) for late night studying.

Modifications? take any other supplements then then Creatine?

thank you for your time :dumbbell:
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/12/04, 07:09 AM
You won't get a lot of answers until you better define what your goals are. Looking at your diet makes it fairly easy to see why the fat comes back when you aren't working out.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/12/05, 11:28 AM
His goals look prety clear to me: Increase Muscle Mass.

Cowdogg, I know it's hard to eat good in college because of availability of quality food. I'm in college, too, but I'm not really tryin to get big. I actually commute so I bring a bunch of stuff with me. Anyways, try to get a leaner protein substance other than breaded chicken, and definitely cut out the white bread when not working out. Fried and breaded meats just aren't very healthy. I recommend Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM with your creatine. Helps lubricate and protect the joints.

Just a few tidbits of my two cents. Hopefully this helps somewhat.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2006/12/05, 11:46 AM
If you decided to do something do it, if you are going to take creatine make sure you drink tons of water, I had a friend (in college) who went down the creatine road but got caught up in the demands of college and ended up not drinking enough and training hard torn his pec....so if you do plan on going that route be sure to drink tons of water