Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine ... should I be worried.

HockeySprinter
HockeySprinter
Canada
2006/08/14, 11:44 AM
I just bought my first supplement called QuickMass because I have trouble gaining weight and I am trying to get all my calories, carbs, and protein every day. I rember the guy in the store said it had Creatine "mixed in" with it and today I just read on the internet ....

"Some over-the-counter supplements contain hormones that are related to testosterone (such as dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA for short). These supplements have similar side effects to anabolic steroids. These and other sports supplements (like creatine, for example) have not been tested in people younger than 18. So the risks of taking them are not yet known."

I'm pretty worried now, I'm only 15 and I want to know what the risks of creatine are. If someone could just take the time to explain this to me or refer me a site that will give an unbyist opinion on creatine I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
HockeySprinter
HockeySprinter
Canada
2006/08/14, 11:46 AM
Wow, I just clicked back and saw a sticky thread called "Creatine Explained", I'll read that now but if someone wants to say anything about me taking the "QuickMass" when I'm 15 please give your opinion.

Sorry, and thanks again
HockeySprinter
HockeySprinter
Canada
2006/08/14, 11:54 AM
Maybe this will help:
http://www.quickmass.com/QUICKMASS%20Product%20Info.pdf
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/14, 12:05 PM
Don't worry about that stuff, tons of what you read on the internet is off the wall. Creatine is a completely natural substance, in fact your body produces it naturally daily by combining 3 amino acids in the liver. Production falls as you age. There is nothing hormonal about it.

DHEA has been around for years, and is simply a precursor to test or estrogen, whichever is predominant. In fact in women it has a higher propensity to convert to test than in men.

Anyway, there are morons everywhere. In congress for instance, they were talking about creatine ban due to it being a steroid. They are so unimformed it is rediculous. Creatine as mentioned above is no more a steroid or has steroidal properties than a man lives in the moon.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
2006/08/15, 09:09 AM
i'd avoid creatine for a while ...u simply have no need for it....u'll make gains no matter what u do at this age...

what weight lifting do u do? what and how much do u eat?...the results are in those 2 more than in any supplement....if it's effective for u...most u'll gain is 5-10lb in water weight and some strength...things u can get eating well and training right....
HockeySprinter
HockeySprinter
Canada
2006/08/15, 09:32 AM
I just downloaded a program that tracks my nutrition, if I eat something I just type what it is and it has a food database and tells me how many calories it has and everything, I found that my old eating habits wouldn't have given me enough calories and protein so now that I have a visual aid my 3100 calorie diet will be easier to manage.

The weightlifting I have read on doing tells me I should do 8-12 reps high intensity at 2 sets, apparently its the most effective but I don't know what to believe these days.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/15, 11:23 AM
Hypertrophy for the most part occurs with satisfactory overloading of a muscle group. Now while this can vary for some folks, typically the 6-9 rep range has been shown consistently to be the ticket. Sufficient weight to fail at that rep range must be used. Diet will determine the amount of gain you get, along with rest. Gym work is just the vehicle, you do not grow in the gym.

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/15, 11:25 AM
By the way, Menace is right about avoiding creatine. At 15 it surely is not needed. My reply was just a post debunking the crap you heard about creatine in your original post.

--------------
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/15, 11:56 AM
What is every ones opinion on weider brand creatine?(monohydrate capsules 5g)

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$ (me)

http://www.myspace.com/jeramiemaza
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/15, 03:37 PM
Save your money.

--------------