Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

creatine and whey protein

bizzywhiz
bizzywhiz
United States
2002/08/27, 10:52 AM
Hello, all ft friends

i have a question

i am currently working out 5 days a week and eating right, now i have another road block.
should i be using creatine and whey protein, are these beneficial to my success or was that just jibberish. i am 5'9" 230# with 23% bodyfat (ideally i want to be 190# of pure muscle) any input would be appreciated

----------------------------
Rick (sunny florida)
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/08/27, 11:01 AM
Hey, Rick. It sounds like you may have hit a plateau. Before resorting to creatine and whey protein, you may just try incorporating the following:

1) Weight training, 3-5x per week
2) Cardio, 2-3x per week
3) Eat 5-7 small meals per day
4) Consume (1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight) protein per day

All of these will help you increase your metabolism which will burn more calories. (I am assuming your goal is weight loss.) The weight training will also help you gain lean muscle mass.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/08/27, 07:52 PM
How long have you been training? It sounds like you have been given above some sound advice. I would not worry about creatine yet, get your fat decreased first along with some quality muscle. One thing about supplements(the ones that work), if you start on them too soon before you reach your natural peak potential, they will not do you as much good. Get to your peak potential first, then add the creatine. Protein on the other hand is always needed. Even on fat burning it is muscle sparing.