Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

creatine and whey protein

coolhand21
coolhand21
United States
2009/04/22, 03:31 AM
I have been working out for about 6 weeks now (going about 5 or 6 times a week) alternating between weight lifting and cardio. I purchased a 2.5lb bottle of whey powder and want to know if it would be beneficial to also take creatine along with whey. I know whey has creatine in it. would it be beneficial to stack creatine and whey? My goal is to gain muscle mass and loose fat.
coolhand21
coolhand21
United States
2009/04/22, 03:41 AM

I should also mention that i watch what i eat to a close T, usually 2 or 3 eggs with toast in the morning, granola bars or protein bars for a snack and a smoothie with a banana, v-8, fat free yogurt and frozen fruit for lunch, and some type of fish or chicken (sometimes steak) with vegetables for dinner. ( i am full student working part time so my daily eating schedule varies day to day)
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/22, 11:08 AM
You need to pick one or the other. If you're watching your diet(i.e. for weight loss) you'll never gain large amounts of muscle mass. If you want to gain muscle you have to eat (as cleanly as possible) like a horse and lift heavy. The idea for gaining muscle mass is that you take in more calories than you burn throughout the day so that your body has something to build the extra muscle out of. Does that make sense? Right now what you're doing is like tugging the rope from both ends. You're dieting for weight loss, but trying to supplement for weight gain.