Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Correct amount of weight for exercises

tagriffith09
tagriffith09
United States
2009/07/18, 04:54 AM
I find difficult to find out what weight I should use when performing the exercises. All I get is the amount of weight that will enable you to perform the full motion exercise until the final rep., and that is fine. But does that mean I need to check every single weight I possibly can put my hands on until I can finally find the one?????? That would take me forever. So all I am asking is to give me a variation on the amount of weights, for example, for biceps curls, women about this age and about this size wanting to lose weight, will do between 5 pounds and 25 pounds. Something like this. But I don't find that help anywhere. Would someone help me? Does anyone here happens to know any site that has these informations? Thanks!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/07/18, 11:41 AM
Ok, don't fret, we are all here to help.
What you can do for example, for any exercise, choose a weight that you can do the movement comfortable with, as long as you keep good form during the movement. The weight used varies with the individual, it is not a written rule as to what weight.
Make sure that if you have to do 4 sets or three sets of an exercise the last three reps should be a little difficult. It's as easy as that. If I was there I would walk you through.! If your at a gym, ask for assistance., they will be glad to show you.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
tagriffith09
tagriffith09
United States
2009/07/20, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your help. I will try.