Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

coolness....

steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/09/19, 10:39 AM
How are you making out with the creatine? Good gains getting
bloated or gaining weight.
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/19, 09:00 PM
OK with the creatine!! I'm still mixing with my protein drink and drinking plenty of water too. My muscles seem to keep the "pump" longer and they do look fuller. My wife noticed a couple days ago!! I'm glad I took the plunge. Are you taking it too?? Not bloated!!

coolness...
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/09/20, 10:31 AM
I am glad to hear that it is working for you! It is really
great stuff. You should also start noticing some real strength
gains. I have been off it for a while now, but in seven more
weeks I will be starting another mass program and I will start
it then. Let me know how your making out, and how much do you
take a day?? Good luck with your training and yes it will come!

Steve
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/20, 07:44 PM
Thanks Steve!! I'm only taking one teaspoon / day after my workout. Should I increase the amount?? I have noticed strength gains too. I'll keep in touch and let you know how I'm progressing. What part of the world are you from? I'm in Virginia. How come in 7 weeks??

coolness...
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/09/21, 12:54 PM
Coolness....
I have tried loading 20grams or five teaspoons a day for a
week, but have found over time that one teaspoon a day is
all you need. I am glad you have seen some strength gains.
I have noticed 5 to 10lbs. increases, at least in certain
areas. The best thing to do is keep loading on the weight
and make the best of the cycle. I will start taking creatine
again in about 7 weeks because I try to cycle it. I find
after about a month and a half my increases drop off. This
may not be true for you, but watch for it. If you find this
happens, stop using it for a few weeks and then start up again
and boom you will be off to the races again. Also your increases
will remain. I live in Canada on the east coast; Halifax, in
the province of Nova Scotia. It is about a 12 hour drive straight
to Boston and 14 to New York. God bless all the people affected
by last weeks disaster. Keep me posted on your progress?
What is your favorite day or should I say body part to torture?

Steve
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/23, 09:30 PM
Wow Steve, you are really North. I'm originally from N.Y. State; my parents have been to Gaspe a couple times. Beautiful country but I'm sure it's cold already!! Will keep you posted on my progress. My favorite day is Saturday; I like the bicep and tricep workouts best. Shoulders are cool though. I've been loading on the weight, especially the last couple of weeks. It's cool to see how much more weight we can add each week. God Bless and keep in touch.

I'm still in disbelief about the terrorist attack but will get through it. We need to depend on God for our strength.

coolness...
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/09/25, 03:33 PM
Coolness....

I live on the coast, and it has still been too warm at night
to sleep right. It only gets down to 60 or so and the daytime stays about 75. It is real humid and has been all
summer with little or no rain at all. Leg day is my favourite. I can not do free standing squats because of the m.s.; but I can do leg presses and hack slides. I am up to
810 in the leg press and 410 in the slides. I get a lot of questions on this day because I always have my wheelchair with me. I can walk short distances with the aid of my cane
though, but have the chair just in case. They have carried me out a couple of times (hahaha)and I hate that!!! Right now I am trying to loose a few pounds and maintain muscle mass. So I am doing a high rep program from ft. and is it a killer!!! By the way those temps. at the first won't last
but it never gets much cooler than freezing here because of the ocean. The coolest never gets much more than 10 degrees
or so below freezing so it is kind of like the tropical part
of Canada hahaha. Keep in touch!

Steve

coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/25, 10:30 PM
Steve,

Sounds like a nice place to live. The ocean kind of tempers the weather. Virginia gets cold in the winter but hardly ever 0 or below. We had 4 inches of snow last winter!! We've had decent rain. 810 kg, right? Glad to hear you keep working out in spite of the MS. I bet it keeps you healthier by working out rather than not. Keep up the killer mass program. I'm on the 8 week split mass program. I'm throwing on the heavier weights each week and have noticed quite a change!! Feel stronger.

Definitely keep in touch. Hear from you soon.

coolness...
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/09/26, 02:14 PM
coolness....

Working out is good for the m.s.!!It was 810 pounds; I have
been as high as 900 pounds 20-45 pound plates.Glad to hear
your making good gains. These programs should keep you away
from injuries and over training. How long have you been on
the creatine now?

Steve

coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/27, 07:35 PM
810 lbs. ?? You ARE the man!! Wow!! I've been taking creatine for approx. 3 weeks. I've been injury free so far and hope to keep it that way!! :) My gym is closed tomorrow for new carpet and renovations - bummer. I'll have to enjoy another day of rest. My day of rest was today. I slept in 'til 7:00!! It felt good. Guess I can sleep in tomorrow. Maybe I'll knock off some dips or something.

Have a good weekend Steve. I'm going to Liberty University to watch a football game on Saturday. We also are celebrating two birthdays. Busy!! Lift hard!!

coolness...
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/03, 05:31 AM
Hey Steve. How are things?? Haven't seen you on for a few days. Hope everything is well.

coolness...
steve2
steve2
Canada
2001/10/05, 11:15 AM
Coolness....

Every thing is just fine, just a little busy. How was the big game and how did everyone make out on their birthdays?

Steve
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/10/07, 09:01 PM
Game was a win, had a good time and the birthday week was fun. We've been busy too. As a matter of fact I have to go tend to the 1 yr. old Leah. See ya.

coolness...