Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Conditioning workout

allymorrison70
allymorrison70
United Kingdom
2010/01/14, 12:54 PM
hi, does anyone have any ideas of a conditioning workout. i'm not to bother about building extra muscle but i do wawnt an overall conditioning program. i've been doing randy coutre's ufc condition but wondered if there were any others. thanks
rivergirl3
rivergirl3
United States
2010/01/14, 04:34 PM
If you are into the ucf/mma world there is also Martin Rooney's, Training for Warriors. However it focuses mostly on strength with some mention of cardio. I train BJJ and use some of the exercises and I have added techniques that make them harder by incorporating balance.

Like you I don't want to bulk up, I do a lot of long distance trail running for my cardio, endurance and for maintaining my body weight. I use the gym to build overall strength, I train as a white water kayaker to build upper body definition and I telemark ski for lower quad strength.

In general I feel I have a great overall conditioning due to the multi-sports. The one piece missing would be an increase focus on stretching after a long run.

Good luck!
allymorrison70
allymorrison70
United Kingdom
2010/01/14, 05:41 PM
I've been looking for a good ufc program to follow, theres so much out there its trying to link it all together to make a schedule thats the problem. I feel if i get the balance right i'll bulk up to a certain extent anyway. My main aim is to get some good strength and conditioning. At the moment i have a strained achilies so i dont do much running, i try get on the rowing machine and cycle. thanks for your feedback.