Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Coccyx injury leading to hemrroids

jonnyklihc
jonnyklihc
United States
2004/10/25, 12:25 PM
i recently injured my coccyx sliding down a flight of satirs on my rear end. It was a week ago and today i noticed a pain around my anus when i use the restroom (number 2, sitting....etc.). Does anyone know of a case of hemroids steming from a recent tailbone injury?
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/10/25, 12:41 PM
Yes

--------------
I have a bowel movement every morning at 9:00am sharp.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/25, 12:48 PM
see a doc

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
2004/10/25, 12:53 PM
The doc will give you a doughnut to sit on . Beyond that you just have to suffer. The pain from a broken cocyx makes it impossible to know when you need to go. It feels like you have to go all the time. Try somthing like metamucil to make yourself real regular and also help you with hitting a regular time of day.

If you feel like you gotta go then you try too hard and the roids result.

--------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Charlie
jonnyklihc
jonnyklihc
United States
2004/10/25, 03:23 PM
Ok, i went to the doctor the day after it happened, he sayed it was broken and all i could do was to lay off strenuous activity and go easy on it. Got the doughnut but i cant find a way for it to work, only when laying on my back (not a problem w/ sleeping, i sleep on my side). He gave me Neproxene (anti inflamitory) and Hydrocodon (for the pain). When i took them together the first day i was very sick...couldnt go to the bathroom, so i stagerred the use of the 2 meds. as the doctor sayed. "The Hydrocodon will bind you up" said my doctor when he gave it to me. So did i develop a roid from over exertion when trying to go the restroom and not from the broken coccyx?
2004/10/25, 03:28 PM
Whan I broke mine it felt like I had to go all the time...BAD. But yeah I think the straining to go probably did it. I was hanging my ass out of an inner tube shooting rapids. Hit a big boulder. Boulder 1 ...Ass 0:big_smile: It was awful and you have my sympathies.

--------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Charlie
jonnyklihc
jonnyklihc
United States
2004/10/25, 03:56 PM
thank you very much for the advice, im going out to get bran muffins and metamucil ASAP and pray this roid thing goes away, i allready missed a week of school b/c of this "pain in my ass" HAHA!!

Jonathan:)