Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Circuit training and Squats

ctcrystalcat
ctcrystalcat
United States
2009/10/22, 08:16 AM
sorry for this long post!! I have no one around me I trust for info. I hope someone finds time to read this.

Can someone help please..
I have a hard time asking those around me questions on account they may be wanting all the gains and not give me the correct info. So here I am asking here on accout I dont want to hurt myself and get the most gain I can.

I have been working in a circuit room every other day.. Looking to build muscle. I am doing what some call a super set. I go for 6-8 reps @ a failure level and bump the weight down and get 6-8 more Bump it down again and then try for a 3rd set. I go to next mach and do the same. I am trying to stay off the carido mach. in the room as they are set up after every couple of Mach. I don't want to burn muscle at the same time.

When do I up the first sets lbs. Once a week?

Now on squats my hips seem to hurt. I was told it is like Bursa(sp?)(Swollen sacks of fuild??) Its to expensive to get a MRI so Maybe someone out there has gone through it. The worse pain would come if one was to hug with there legs. Thats the only way I can think to explain it.

So in my squats it seems to hurt some too, preventing me from going down all the way. Even with very low lbs.
I was doing regular sqauts with the bar+45 lbs on Each side. (i did those for 3 weeks once a week) Im now on a smith mach only puting 35lbs on each side then remove after 6 reps and use only 10
lbs on each side. I thought I moved up in lbs to fast a coupe of months ago and thats how i got my hips to hurt. Not sure if thats what did it or not.. I want to build a butt so Im very into the sqaut and heavy lbs when doing them,
but when does one know to go heavier? And wonder if this going lower and building up to it will work?

Still in the circut room so Im doing these squats every other day too.

:)Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this
and give me feed back.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2009/10/26, 06:28 PM
If you email me at sccoachmatt@yahoo.com I will help you.
ctcrystalcat
ctcrystalcat
United States
2009/11/07, 10:15 AM
Thank you I will email. :)
ctcrystalcat
ctcrystalcat
United States
2009/11/18, 11:35 AM
Well i sent an email today.. Hope you have an idea or may lead me in the right direction on what to do. /
thanks