Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Chest. HELP!

kneedshelp
kneedshelp
Philippines
2011/10/31, 01:21 PM
So, i workout at home and only have free weights available. I do not have bench (fat or inclined) right now. Is there anyway that I can pursue my chest workout without a bench? I really want to stick to my program and the absence of a bench would ruin it. are there any chest workouts that can be done on the floor or standing up? Help!Thanks.
kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/01/14, 04:00 PM
I do decline push ups off my coffee table - while I wait for my coffee to brew :p

I used to use the corner of my bed as a bench for chest press/fly.

I would recommend getting a swiss ball and youtube research what you can do with it!  It's cheap and better than a bench.
2012/01/15, 12:32 AM (Edited: @ft@d_124774 - 2012/01/26, 12:12 AM)
Can you get a 2x12 about 4 feet long and lay it on a couple of cinder blocks? A piece of plywood would work. Lay an old blanket on the board and do your bench work. It's old school but it works.Do you have dumbbells too? You can remove a block for incline and declines.

I use a couple of firm couch cushions for declines. I sit on the edge and lay down so my back is declined. You can also lean against the cushions for inclines. Open up that trusty old mind and improvise.Do you have a cedar chest or sturdy coffee table that may work?

I do back hypers over the arm of a love seat. I lay a couple of 50 lb dumbbells on the floor and push the love seat up against them so that the couch is 3 feet from the wall. Then I hug dumbbells to my chest , lean over the arm of the couch with my feet braced against the wall and go to town. Back hypers are kind of the reverse of crunches. For crunches I lay down with my knees bent and hook my feet under 2 50 lb dumbbells. Then I hug a weight to my chest and dow the crunches. Use what you have.