Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

CHEST AND BENCHING

BYJOE
BYJOE
United States
2003/04/26, 01:18 AM
i,m returning to the gym aFTER ALONG LAY OFF. MY BENCH HAS DROPPED SEVERLY. I DON'T HAVE A TRAINING PARTNER, SO I CAN'T REALLY PUSH MYSELF TO INCREASE MY BENCH LIKE I WANT TO. IS THERE ANY ALTERNATIVE EXERCISES I COULD DO IN PLACE OF BENCH PRESSING UNTIL I GET TO A LEVEL WHERE I CAN DO MYSELF SOME HELP AND NOT HARM. MY CHEST IS MY WEAK POINT. I NEED HELP BAD.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/04/26, 03:44 AM
Sometimes the best way to advance is not to go to the max all of the time. For a time, focus on volume and angles for your bench (like with 50% of your 1 RM), not just all heavy constantly.
Also, try your benches in a squat rack/cage for added safety while training. Work on your triceps, lats and delts, too. Check out a few similiar posts on this same thread regarding the bench, and let us know if you have any more questions.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/05/02, 01:36 PM
somtimes i like to after i do my bench bymyself ( i work out too by myself) i go to a smith mashine( conterballanced bar) and i load that bad boy up and i put the spot bars 6 or 7 ins of my chest and i do the top half of the bench..........u can do it wide grip closer grip medium grip drop sets whatever u like.........if u can't get it up lock the bar and skoot out from under it
no biggy! somthing else intresting to try dont let the bar touch ur chest cum down withing an inch and go back up keeps continues tinsion on the chest.........or the real pain is the bring the bar to ur chest let it touch count to 2 and press it: makes it dead weight and u have no momemtem of the bar to help out......warning; don't go to heavy u might get stuck work within ur self u knwo if u can't get one more lol
oh and do do a back day before chest ur back has alot to do with ur bench if u don't realze it.
wamo25
wamo25
United States
2003/05/02, 07:20 PM
Muscle has memory. The advice they give is great. Hang in there. I went through it too.
BYJOE
BYJOE
United States
2003/05/03, 06:37 AM
thanks REV,DREW, & WAMO for the advice. i'm going to put it all to use. i appreciate you all taking the time out to give me some good advice. if you think of anything else let me know.