Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Chest

essamg82
essamg82
United States
2002/05/08, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Jack and I'm new here. I have a real quick question. I've been working out for some time now and I've seen the results. For about 6 months I constantly did bench press, incline, and decline, as well as some presses. I made my chest very strong and its become very built. But as a result of being overweight in the past my chest isn't fully the way I want it. The muscle is there but it doesn't give that much of a wide chest look. It's more built and pointing more towards the front. I want it to be a lot wider. Currently I cut my chest workout to lifting light weights and doing more reps. About 100 reps each exercise. I'm not doing incline and decline because I was told it will build more mass and I don't want the mass anymore. I'm doing bench presses, flys, and dumb bell presses only and occasionaly some push-ups. Any recommendations? I was also wondering is 50 push-ups a day good or should I rest on the weekends and do it 5 days a week. Thanks!
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/08, 05:12 PM
I think 50 pushups a day is a little excessive if you do it 7 days a week. Your body needs time to recover for the muscles to grow. As far as your wide chest question I believe the only way to achieve this look is actually broaden your back. But see what some of the other members say.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
essamg82
essamg82
United States
2002/05/08, 05:34 PM
Thanx, I forgot to mention that I'm pushing towards lean muscle mass and not bulkiness.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/08, 06:12 PM
To get that "superhero" look with the wide shoulders, you need to work your lats and traps!

As far as the bench presses, the incline works your upper chest while the decline works the lower chest. Sounds like you probably just need to maintain your chest muscles, so keep doing high reps/low weights. And no matter what others tell you, bench presses are bench presses (inclined, declined, flat)...these are compound exercises and if you go heavy, you'll build mass!

Anyway, you can look up the ft exercises that you can do to target your lats and traps. Or, you can sign up for an ft program.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**