Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

cheerleader needs a lil help

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/04/04, 01:38 PM
ok 1st of all i'm not gay just so u guys know......my question is i'm a big guy ( 6'1'"235lbs) My problem is not getting the girls up .it me having to do a back flip(also called a standing tuck)! i'm thinking my problem is my legs and abbs are a lil weak to get me completly around( i land short)i'm gonna try to do more reps and squates and legs presses to get them leaner but besides that anyone have in suggestions??
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/04/04, 01:48 PM
lmao. Glad we got that cleared up. lol I think the leg presses and exercises for your hams will do the trick. You need stability and strength and I think you're on the right track. Plyometrics(sp) would be another good thing to check into since it's more effective at working the muscles that affect stablization.
Good luck, let us know how you do.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/04/04, 08:44 PM
I agree with dpking, plyometric training may be what you are looking for, it sounds like you may need a little explosive strength. I can understand though, as you are a bigger guy, so naturally it will be a little more difficult. Good luck.
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/04/05, 06:47 AM
I did olympic gymnastics and i am currently on the university trampolining team, and i can tell you that strength alone is not the answer, though it will help. I personaly find that form is the biggest contributor to a successful flip, and you need to be supple in order to get and keep good form and to avoid injury. When trampolining, the thing that really helps me to swing around is concentrating on getting my arse to be the highest part of me. Put your focus on getting it high in the air, above your head and shoulders, and your body should follow. Don't forget to pick a spot on the floor a couple of metres in front of you, and when you're rotating around, when you see that spot, you know that its time to straighten out and land. Like dpking44 says, you'll need explosive strength to propel yourself into the air high enough to get all the way around. Good luck!

Katie
xx

--------------
*My body only feels good when it burns!
*Little voice telling you to quit? Put your fingers in your ears!
*"Life shrinks or grows in proportion to one's courage"
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/04/07, 01:33 PM
my elg work outs consist of now 5 sets squates 135x15 225x12( not looking out) 315x10 ( as low as i can go) then i do single leg extensions till faliure( around 15 or so for each leg) then i do 4 sets 15( 80lbs) legs curls or till faliture then i do 4 sets leg presses with just my toes on the platform i push up and through my toes as if i jumping i start with 2 plates on each side every set add a plat till i can't do 10 clean reps ( usually stp around 5 on each side) then i go run stairs for 10 mins sprint style as fast as my big sore legs can carry me lol
then i go back and do some calves anything else anyone wants to suggest
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/01/27, 03:26 PM
plyometrics, form work, balance, and more plyometrics

if your having trouble landing, its partially your form, and you may not have as strong a sense of balance as is required. try working on that.
if you cant get up high enough, lots and lots of plyos

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isn\'t that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist