Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Changing exercise program

weaponX
weaponX
United Kingdom
2002/04/08, 04:02 AM
I started on the weight training program a few weeks ago, and have run into a couple of problems with it and was wondering if anyone could help.

First, even though I said I only had access to free weights my program has told me to use a preacher bench, which i don't have access to, also seated calf machine, can I just supplement other execise working the same muscle groups, and how will that effect entering the data on the computer.

Second, because I train at home I only have a limited number of weight and the continuall changing of plates on the bars is making the workouts take much longer than I anticipated, and I have already missed a few because of getting back from work late etc

Sorry the post is so long, but I really like the program and would like to stick with it.

----------------------------
"I'm the best I am at what I do ~
But what I do best isn't very nice"
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/08, 10:43 AM
Yes, you can substitute the machine exercises with free hand ones. While we don't yet have the means to change exercises using ft, you can input the reps and weights used during your substituted exercises.

I also train at home, but have enough weights to rotate through the different exercises. When you work with heavy weights, you have to rest 2-3 minutes anyway. I can't imagine it would take you longer to change plate weights.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**