Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 722, Messages: 716

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

CHALLENGE GROUP: Losing 50lbs or less

george
george
Canada
2012/01/26, 07:28 PM
If you're trying to lose roughly 50 pounds then this group is or you!

Here are some quick guidelines to get the most out of your journey here:

1. Introduce yourself.. your goals & inspiration.

2. Ask questions, share your current plan, share advice and experiences with others, motivate & encourage others, etc.

3. Stay connected to the group.. this is your online family and we'll get there together as long as we stay commiitted.

4. Feel free to post photos to the group, perhaps a before or after, photos of your motivation, etc. (Click to Group Photos at top)
scruples_31
scruples_31
United States
2012/02/11, 03:28 PM
I am doing this with my 12 year old step daughter. I would like to loose about 50lbs. (My step daughter doesn't need to loose any weight she is at a very healthy weight.) I have had issues with my weight since about 6 years old. I weighed 182lbs at 12 years old (5'2'). I ended up loosing about 30lbs and weighed about 150lbs between 15 and 22 years old.

I was an Army officer for four years in the reserves. While in ROTC I was very active, working out twice a day. I was running my two miles in a little less than 16 minutes. I could also run 5 or more miles with out that much of a problem. After ROTC I did not maintain the same workout routine and ended up gaining weight. I had problems with my hip flexors which made doing situps very painful.

In August 2010 I had a baby. I gained 55lbs during my pregnancy. I was able to loose most of it shortly after giving birth. Unfortunately my weight loss stopped after I quit nursing.

I am 175lbs now and would love to get down to about 125-135. I want to set an example for my children. I am looking forward to using this site. I have completed my first week and am ready for next week!
george
george
Canada
2012/02/12, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the group and thank you for sharing your journey. Please continue to share your progress, we'll be right here.
ainsel
ainsel
Spain
2012/02/13, 01:07 AM
Hi everyone. I wrote a message a week ago "can't stop smiling"... well... This week had been hard, at least doing the diet. I have workout from monday to thursday and i did not work our friday and the weekend. I did my diet good except friday, couse i ate more proteins than i should for dinner and bread too ( i feel bad about it). 
The thing is that last week i lost 11.02lb (5kg) and today, the weight says that i gained 2.2lb (1kg) 
Why is that??? i mean i just did that dinner wrong... 
Have a nice night or day
ainsel
ainsel
Spain
2012/02/21, 03:04 AM
I lost 1kg- 2.2lb in this week!!! So i'm happy!!! but i did not even excersice couse i had some family stuff going on. But now that everything is good... fat attack!!!! here i go!!! Have a great day everyone!!
alvin307
alvin307
United States
2012/03/14, 03:49 AM
ainsel,
ainsel,
Try not to be concerned with gaining those 2.2 lbs. 11 lbs in a week is actually not very healthy, and could have been any number of things (including water weight). Just keep up the dieting, hydrate constantly, throw some cardio in there, make sure you're eating enough, and keep your head up.
alvin307
alvin307
United States
2012/03/14, 04:01 AM
My name is Alvin. I am a US Marine (until May! woot!) and have been in good shape until about a year ago when I injured my back. 90% of my excercise was running and now I can't do that and it's killed my motivation to do anything else. So this last year my motabolism has dropped and I've gone from my personal prime weight (175lbs) to almost not making weight according to Marine Corps standards (197 lbs) for my height (5'11").

I just want to cut that 25 lbs back off (or probably more considering I've also lost a lot of muscle mass). I've never had to diet or watch what I ate so this is completely knew waters for me. So I welcome any help I can get! Dieting in the barracks is incredibly hard with a 2 ft tall fridge/freezer
ainsel
ainsel
Spain
2012/03/17, 04:54 PM
Thanks alvin307, i actually need to become stronger, i'm going back to my bad habbits and feeling really bad becouse of that. But i promise myself again that is over, i start working out again and taking care about what i eat. i get so down when i gain weight or don't lose... i'm easy to give up and i really don't like that. i need motivation all the time. So thank you for you comment. have a nice day and good luck