Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 722, Messages: 716

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

CHALLENGE GROUP: Losing 40lbs or less

george
george
Canada
2012/01/26, 07:27 PM
If you're trying to lose roughly 40 pounds then this group is or you!

Here are some quick guidelines to get the most out of your journey here:

1. Introduce yourself.. your goals & inspiration.

2. Ask questions, share your current plan, share advice and experiences with others, motivate & encourage others, etc.

3. Stay connected to the group.. this is your online family and we'll get there together as long as we stay commiitted.

4. Feel free to post photos to the group, perhaps a before or after, photos of your motivation, etc. (Click to Group Photos at top)
slowmofo
slowmofo
United States
2012/02/13, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone, im new to this group.  I joined FT over 4 years ago.  I was able to lose a lot of weight and then add in muscle.  I am a 27 yr old male who went from working two jobs down to one.  My job moved me to charlotte and im finally starting to work out again after more than a year layoff.  I have gained 40lbs, but since I started working out again I am already down 10 lbs.  Without this site I wouldnt be as well versed in the gym as I am today.  THe plan and the discussion board were the biggest help to me.  I will post some photos soon of my fat self and show where my progression takes me.
Codebreaker
Codebreaker
United States
2012/02/16, 01:17 PM
slowmofo
Hey everyone, im new to this group.  I joined FT over 4 years ago.  I was able to lose a lot of weight and then add in muscle.  I am a 27 yr old male who went from working two jobs down to one.  My job moved me to charlotte and im finally starting to work out again after more than a year layoff.  I have gained 40lbs, but since I started working out again I am already down 10 lbs.  Without this site I wouldnt be as well versed in the gym as I am today.  THe plan and the discussion board were the biggest help to me.  I will post some photos soon of my fat self and show where my progression takes me.

---

Hi there, seems we are the only ones in here at the moment. I just found this site today. I am a 27 yr old female.  Last year I had already went from 280 lbs to 135 lbs.  At the end of the year, I lost my job and am now a housewife xD ! Already i shot back up to 165 lbs =(   So I have 40 lbs goal to lose this year. This site seems to be very informative and detailed so far. The PLAN starts TODAY !
FELISITY1983
FELISITY1983
United States
2012/03/31, 06:22 PM
Hi all,

My name is Nicki and I am currently a stay at home mom of 3 boys. So I have free time, but then again I don't. I am 5'9 3/4 and currently weighting in at 175 lbs.My goal is not only to get down to 135 lbs, but also to tone and and strenrthen. I don't really have a support sysytem or anyone to work out with so I know it's going to be difficult. I'm hoping that this sites along with myself helps me to reach my goal.

I know its going to be hard to eat healthy since I have to cook for my kids and husband, but I'm definitely going to try. I am also going to cut back on sugary drinks and drink more water.

So, look out goals hear I come.
caseyleejohnson
caseyleejohnson
United States
2012/04/04, 12:56 PM
Hello,

My name is Casey. I decided to start an actual exercise routine because I can honestly say that I am not happy with how my body is. 10 weeks ago I stopped smoking, which I am very proud of myself for, but I have gained a tremendous amount of weight because of it. I am currently 5' 5" and 181 lbs. I am a single mom of 2, so there is not alot of free time, but I know that I am just going to have to make the time if I want to reach my goals.

I started a full body/cardio workout two days ago and so far I feel better than I have in a long time. I seem to have much more energy and although a little sore, it feels good. :) I also do not have a support system or workout partners but I believe that I can do this.
Smoothi
Smoothi
United Kingdom
2012/04/06, 02:05 AM
Hey guys!

it sounds like you have all come to the right place. I am also a mother (of 2) so I understand about time constraints and I don't have a great network to help out either so I have to sometimes get creative and come up with things that I can have the kids be around or join in too. The support, motivation and advice on this site is amazing and its from people who are in a similar or same situation as you. 
I also started a Flog on here which is good to gauge progress/ mood etc.
SarahW03
SarahW03
United States
2012/04/25, 05:26 PM
Hi, I am a mother of 2 and I am 5'6" and I weigh 195lbs. I am looking to lose about 45 pounds or 50.. I am very unhappy with how my body looks, before i had kids I weighed 145 and I want to go back to that again.. my oldest is 4 and will be turning 5 in july. I guess u can say I kinda let myself go a little.. I like to go on walks with my boxer but need some moral support and motivation from others and myself... thanks sarah
Mali-Mae
Mali-Mae
United States
2012/04/27, 08:21 AM
Hi all! I am a new mom, "5'5" and weighing in for the first time at 158lbs. I am looking to lose 35lbs and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My motivation for losing weight is to be a stronger, leaner, healthier mom. I want to be around forever for my little girl and hopefully instill some positive lifestyle choices for my daughter. I have never been able to lose weight quickly or easily. Every pound is a struggle. Time for me to finally join the rest of the crowd and get going! I wish you all the best of luck!!! I hope this site, and the people on it, keep all of us motivated! HERE'S TO REACHING OUR GOALS! 
-Mali-Mae
Mali-Mae
Mali-Mae
United States
2012/04/27, 08:26 AM
Walking is amazing! It is such a sneaky, good way to burn belly fat! You don't even realize your blasting away your belly! GO YOU!!!
dianesky63
dianesky63
United States
2012/05/08, 02:31 PM
Hello to all,

My name is Diana and I'm new to this group.  I used to weigh 205 lbs and now I'm down to 168.4.  My goal weight is 130 lbs and I'm hoping to reach it by Jan. 2013
So far I have lost 36.6 lbs. I did this all by myself and it was really hard.  I'm hoping that by joining this group I will stay motivated and continue to lose weight. 
I have been working out for the past 6 months and really not knowing if I'm doing the right exercise or not. Now with the help of Free Trainers I know which body part and what days I'm suppose to be doing these workouts.
I want to wish each and everyone of you good luck and stay motivated.
I am here for you if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm a good listener and I can try to help you out if you need.
mc2vrngo
mc2vrngo
Japan
2012/05/30, 02:21 AM
Hi all,

I'm Jess, I am new to this site and group. I am looking to lose weight before I get pregnant (if that ever happens). I am currently weighing in at 159 lbs and at 5'5", I am looking to get back down to 120 lbs. Being out of work is killing me, my previous job used to help me burn calories so I stayed evenly around 140 lbs. So I need to step up and get my weight under control. Any motivation, tips are appreciated. I have a hard time with diets due to having food allergies (consisting of nuts, seafood and shellfish).
aspire123
aspire123
United States
2012/06/03, 09:38 AM
Hi, I am 5'11'' and weighing in 209 pounds. My goal is 175 pounds. I started cardio excercises a month ago. I joined free trainers a week ago. Now, I am doing work-out as per schedule for 1 week. I need to tighten my body after reducing weight. Looking for motivation and tips for workout.
Makingchanges12
Makingchanges12
United States
2012/06/25, 07:52 AM
My name is Aundreana and i want to lose about 30 pounds before my birthday. I'm 5'5" and i weigh 173 pounds. i really want to lose the weight because i fear  that if i don't make a change today, it will continually get worse and i will completely lose control of it. i have horrible eating habits. i don't mind exercising, i love sports. but i tend to gain muscle instead of losing fat, i got a body measure tape in hopes that i won't get discouraged when the scale doesn't budge. but i joined this group in hopes that your success stories will help me as well.
KansasQT
KansasQT
United States
2012/08/01, 01:41 AM
Hi FT family,

Im Dani, I am 23years old, female, single, no children, from good ol Topeka, KS. I am 5'11(ish) and I weigh about 215lbs. I am a borderline diabetic (insulin resistance) and I also have polycystic ovary syndrome (a disease that ultimately makes conceiving difficult). My goal is to lost AT LEAST 40lbs by December of this year. I don't intend to stop with that loss, but I think small goals accomplished leads to lifelong results and changes. I am trying this weight loss a different way, with a group (family) to help me through this, that's where you all come in! If anyone needs an ear, or just support, I am here!! I wish EVERY one of you luck and motivation!! <3
dmharper80
dmharper80
United States
2012/12/16, 09:58 PM
Hello,

Im 5 ' 7", at 215. I want to get to down to 175, and I started at 235. I also want to lose this stomach thing I got going on.So I get down some of the wieght by changing my eating habits, but I dont excerise enough. I , trying to bet the trend of family of being over wieght, but its a struggle to find motivation on my own to get the excercise done.  I am hoping I can find it here! I am also hoping it helps with my sleep apnea too.
icanapril
icanapril
United States
2013/07/21, 08:35 PM
hey group:)im april i am 16..i way 180 pds plus im 5'0 so .bb im very over my weight:( i have tryed so many time to lose the weight..i gave in to the grate foods..but this time i m going to try really hard to stay on track..my goal is 140 or less..i am starting tomorrow. .wish me the best!!
randysr
randysr
United States
2014/01/14, 11:57 PM
Hello,My name is Randy, I'm 50 years old, going on my second marriage. My goal is to get to 200lbs by March 2014, my current weight is 232 so I am really motivated to get this weight off. I also want to get my Blood Pressure under control, it's not too bad but getting off the medicitation would be great.
i.am.mrs.olney
i.am.mrs.olney
United States
2014/02/09, 01:20 PM (Edited: i.am.mrs.olney - 2014/02/09, 01:24 PM)
My name is Kristy, I am 27 years old, 5'3" tall and when I weighed myself on 2/6/14 I was 165 lbs. My goal is to lose a total of at least 40 lbs...but I am not giving myself a timeframe. I just want to be healthy.  I gained a lot of weight after a major lifestyle change (the change was for the better, believe it or not)  I managed to keep it off for a while after "the change"...wasn't sure what happened when I gained it. My doctor recently diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. After becoming stable on the hormone replacements, I decided it was time to really get into gear and do something about the extra weight I have been toting around. So I bought a manual treadmill (no motor, I do all the work) set it to a 10 degree incline, and started doing some excersises. I have technically lost about 10 lbs already...but I stopped working out around the beginning of January...not sure why. Not doing anything wasn't working for me, so I got off my butt and got back at it, but I knew I needed to do something different. My husband did his best to make me accountable to myself, but bless his heart, if he brought up me working out I would ask him if he thought I was fat. UGH. Typical woman, I suppose.

I have used this site DAILY, more than daily, since I found it. I am not sure what the fitwall is really for...but I have used it to check in with myself periodically during the day, post what I am eating, stuff like that. Sometimes I even post while I am on the treadmill. I have sort of used this site like the social media sites...and have tried to find other people who do the same, to no avail. I have a few friends, but they don't seem to use it like I do.

So, I have lost 10 lbs, I suppose...but that has been since October of last year...so I am not too thrilled with the progress.  I am starting my timeframe from the day I joined the site, now.  So as far as I am concerned, I haven't really lost anything yet. LOL.  I hope to step it up a bit, and that was how I found this site. I was looking for another way to be accountable, and to also find other exercises, and people to help me along the way, since I don't have anyone to work out with. :)
 I LOVE this site, and have recommended it to several people in the few days I have been a member. :)

My current weight as of yesterday is 164 lbs. It is very nice to meet you all. :)
tpmatoka
tpmatoka
South Africa
2014/02/18, 08:14 AM
Hi all my name is Portia and a working mother of 2 from South Africa.....here we se the metric system to measure weight and height. At current I am 130 kg and 1.65m (287lbs 5'5") . I am new to the group as I just joined FT today.
I need to loose about 55 kg(122lbs)
Teezee
Teezee
United States
2014/02/22, 06:14 PM
Hi there i am new to the site and the group. i moved to hawaii one year ago and during that time i gained 30 lbs. i am very driven, i have always wanted breast enlargements in about 3 months so its important to me to lose as much weight i can safely in that time. i joined thr gym and i love it. i feel so good after every workout. even if it includes muscle pain, it lets me know i am making a difference. how do i go about getting a partner? . when do i post my weight? ps my pic is before thevweight gain. when i lived in vegas i never had weight issues regardless what i ate but weight here in hawaii has snuck up on me. i am veryvdriven and I actually want to lose 40 lbs making me smaller then ever before and I can do it i believe .
Ripschit
Ripschit
United States
2014/03/15, 11:42 AM
Hello, I'm Artee.  I am at 240 which is my all time high and low at the same time. smh.  My goal is to get back to my athlete days weight of 190/200lbs.  I have had some recent successes getting half way there going as low as 225 through just diet and exercise videos.  Over this winter I picked it back up.  So I am beginning my quest again.  This time along with the proper diet, I joined the gym and am supplementing with Free Trainer as well.
Jessika898
Jessika898
Canada
2014/09/28, 02:43 PM
Hi, my name is Jessika and I am also new here.  I use to be 240 two years ago and am now down to 188 (27% body fat- calculated using calibrated scale at gym), I have been busting my butt just to get this far, during the spring to fall seasons I working out 5 days a week and in the winter I workout 3 days a week or so.  I don't have a concrete weight goal but I would like to get down to the low 20's for body fat, whether that means I end up weighing 140 pounds or 160 pounds. 
I would like to achieve my goal by March 2015, which is why I am here, I need something/someone to keep pushing me forward and to remind me I am not alone in this battle.
If anyone wants to chat about workouts/goals/ challenges or anything in general, I like to talk :)
cbaldridge76
cbaldridge76
United States
2014/10/26, 10:15 AM
Hi, my name is Cris. I am new here and looking to lose some weight. I currently weight 235LBS.
BeauBody38
BeauBody38
United States
2015/01/11, 07:34 PM
I'm April, 25 years old. I been losing weight just by having a healthy lifestyle. Avoid junk, soda and high-fat foods.