Group: Daily / Weekly Weigh-In .. ACCOUNTABILITY

Created: 2012/01/26, Members: 722, Messages: 716

Official FreeTrainers Community weigh-in to stay on track .. plus weight loss challenges!

Join group

CHALLENGE GROUP: Losing 20lbs or less

george
george
Canada
2012/01/26, 07:26 PM
If you're trying to lose roughly 20 pounds then this group is or you!

Here are some quick guidelines to get the most out of your journey here:

1. Introduce yourself.. your goals & inspiration.

2. Ask questions, share your current plan, share advice and experiences with others, motivate & encourage others, etc.

3. Stay connected to the group.. this is your online family and we'll get there together as long as we stay commiitted.

4. Feel free to post photos to the group, perhaps a before or after, photos of your motivation, etc. (Click to Group Photos at top)
mpope72
mpope72
United States
2012/01/27, 06:01 PM
Hello group. My name is Malinda and I want to lose 20 Pounds. I am a See Saw dieter. On again off again, you get the picture. I hate to exercise but so want to get into the habit. I have a bad back so I have to becareful with what exercise I do. However due to my back issues it is very important I keep my weight off. I have always wanting to weigh between 130 & 135. I currently weigh 150. I seem to have lost my motivation and Will Power and have been eating bad for the last few weeks. :( I have got to turn this arond and get back on my plan.
george
george
Canada
2012/01/29, 07:11 AM
20lbs is well within reach, there is no question you will reach it! Believe it or not, but actually strengthening your core (abs, oblique and lower back) will improve your back issues. Slowly at first.. you must be careful with which exercise you begin with.

Try our home based exercise program, the beginner version is a great start to get into the groove again.

Keep posting.. stay involved and we'll be there to help you get to your goal.

Feel free to join our Game Room group.. some fun and meet other members along the way.
mpope72
mpope72
United States
2012/01/29, 06:03 PM
Thank You
Smoothi
Smoothi
United Kingdom
2012/02/13, 09:16 AM
Mi Malinda, I hope you will stick to you plan. If you are anything like me you will need a whole load of motivation so if its alright with you I can offer that. Nothing is for free unfortunately Malinda so I will need the same from you but you can consider me your motivation buddy.  I am also trying to lose a few pounds but my main aim if to get really toned and build up my respiritory system.   I often get complacent and start to crave that one chocolate that will lead to another - Yikes!
I currrently weight 11st.4lb (sorry, I'm British) and although I naturally have a stockier build than the average, I would like to be a bit more toned & compact and a lot more healthier.
My friend dragged me to a pilates class this morning and it was great. Not nearlly as bad as I thought as I usually gravitate to the more high energy things.
I hope you achieve your goal
xxx
AndyLee63
AndyLee63
United Kingdom
2012/02/16, 12:37 AM
Hi Guys
My name is Andy

I was in the British Armed Forces for over 19yrs until an injury I sustained in Northern Ireland forced me to retire lol..
I have Degenerated Discs and C.O.P.D. I take an awful lot of tablets to ease the pain, but I still enjoy a good laugh..
The one thing I do miss out of life is being able to run. Before my injury, I loved taking part in half marathons, cross country and orienteering..
I have always loved swimming since I was about 3yrs old..

Anyway, I have been out of the Army for some years now, and I got into the mind set that I have had to be fit most of my life, I just wanted to know what it was like to have a beer belly..... LOL..
Years of contentement and 8 cans per night plus the odd take away late at night, took it's toll and I got really unfit..

Christmas 2010 I had The Biggest Loser Ultimate Work game for XBOX, which I thought was nice, but I did not open it until August 2011..
That was my turning point....
I worked hard and even joined the Biggest Loser online Club... I lost a total of 42lb from mid August to the 20th December..
Christmas has come and gone, I gained a few pounds and now I am finding it hard to lose those pounds that I gained...

The statistics and powers that be say I have to get down to around 168-170lb
At the moment, I am 196lb and weigh in every Friday...
MY ultimate goal is to reach around 176-178lb without looking haggard and gaunt...

I am well motivated and ready to do this, and I will help and support anyone who needs it...

I am using Biggest Loser and YourShape 2012 to help me with my goals as well as a lot of walks with the dogs when my back allows...

Good luck to all of you and I look forward to making some new friends along the way.....

Please fell free to add me as a friend/buddy

Andy
geni91
geni91
United Kingdom
2012/02/18, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone I'm Gen,
I am new to the site and I already think it's fantastic! I really like the way the community helps each other! I am an English student at a University in London, as a student it is really difficult to stay on track with a healthy diet with all the partying and the easy option cooking.
 I would like to lose around 20lbs and develop a healthy lifestyle ( healthy eating and regular exercise).
My problem is I lack motivation ( A LOT) I have always said I will get into shape but after a few days I give up. I really want it to be different this time and I feel I am mentally ready to do this!! I would like some advice on home work outs ( I am really strapped on cash so no money for any gym) and also so healthy, yet inexpensive, food options!
I would also like to give back all the help I get and keep others on track especially any other young people who are in the same position as me.
I can't wait to get back on track and follow through with my plan! 
good luck to everyone else out there too!
george
george
Canada
2012/02/19, 06:38 AM
Welcome to the groups Gen and Andy, thank you for sharing your stories! Let's stay on track and reach that goal!
swintellect
swintellect
United States
2012/02/20, 01:05 PM (Edited: swintellect - 2012/02/20, 01:06 PM)
HI! My name is Steph and I currently weigh 170lbs. My long term goal is to be at 130 by September! But I want to drop 20 lbs by June! I am the worst with motivation and the best at procrastintion :( I am hoping that a challenge that engages me will allow me to push forward to lose this weight!
Smoothi
Smoothi
United Kingdom
2012/02/23, 02:06 AM
Hey Guys,

This sound like a great group full of potential and progress & we can all help and encourage each other to stay on track!
I sure know that I lack motivation at the best of times especially in the early stages (like Steph) but I look forward to logging on here (almost) every day and having something positive to say as well as hearing what experiences other people are having.
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/02/24, 05:56 AM
Finally the scale worked down  pound which is about my average. Found out my jeans weigh  pounds. I weighed in street clothes and then my hospital scrubs which is usually what I wear at weigh in. The difference  pounds. I lost about  inch. If the snow ever melts I can get back to real weight lifting and aerobic exercise. I so say that  hours or so a day of shoveling snow has its benefits. Have a grea week end all off to my   hour days.
AndyLee63
AndyLee63
United Kingdom
2012/02/26, 11:00 AM
Felling a little miffed this week...
Not lost a thing, but I have lost an inch off my waist.. wooop woop. LOL
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/02/26, 12:33 PM
AndyLee63
Felling a little miffed this week...
Not lost a thing, but I have lost an inch off my waist.. wooop woop. LOL

---inches count .....
AndyLee63
AndyLee63
United Kingdom
2012/02/27, 10:53 AM
Thanx Cathy... :-)

I was supposed to start a new training programme today, but I am really not in the mood.
Feeling a little down at the moment, but I know it will pass..
It just seems that this last 14 or so pounds will not move...

I am going to start tomorrow and change my official weigh in day to Saturday and have Sunday off..
Going to look through the programmes on here and try and choose one that will not hurt my back and stick to that said programme...

Good luck to all you guys..

Andy
VRAM74
VRAM74
United States
2012/03/04, 01:47 PM
I'm 5'7, 160lbs, Im pretty fit, however I need help with loosing my last 20 lbs. My friends tell me that if I loose more weight there will be nothing left, but I feel like they dont understand what i go through when I'm out with my husbands friends wives. I dont want to always be the fat girl on the float trip. My mistake is that my husbands friends wives are all size 0-4 with implants and I'm a size 11 juniors and no implants. I'm also about 10 yrs older then all of them too. My husband has High profile friends that have trophy wives, and I'm not willing to put plastics in my body to keep up. I know this sounds seriously vein, but I enjoy trying to keep my vanity without having plastic surgery. So i go to the gym everyday, but sunday, I work hard to stay in the race. Please dont think Im ridiculous, but i hate being over weight. My ideal weight is approx 140lbs. My husband is happy with me, but I'm not, so any suggestions about excersize is highly recommended, and please no negativity about choice of friends.
jsumagaysay83
jsumagaysay83
United States
2012/03/04, 06:41 PM (Edited: jsumagaysay83 - 2012/03/04, 06:47 PM)
VRAM74
I'm 5'7, 160lbs, Im pretty fit, however I need help with loosing my last 20 lbs. My friends tell me that if I loose more weight there will be nothing left, but I feel like they dont understand what i go through when I'm out with my husbands friends wives. I dont want to always be the fat girl on the float trip. My mistake is that my husbands friends wives are all size 0-4 with implants and I'm a size 11 juniors and no implants. I'm also about 10 yrs older then all of them too. My husband has High profile friends that have trophy wives, and I'm not willing to put plastics in my body to keep up. I know this sounds seriously vein, but I enjoy trying to keep my vanity without having plastic surgery. So i go to the gym everyday, but sunday, I work hard to stay in the race. Please dont think Im ridiculous, but i hate being over weight. My ideal weight is approx 140lbs. My husband is happy with me, but I'm not, so any suggestions about excersize is highly recommended, and please no negativity about choice of friends.

---
You're not being ridiculous.. if it makes you happy then go for it! 

I am 5'2", 132lbs and am  trying to lose 10lbs I gained while in a past relationship.  My biggest problem is going back to my old healthy eating habits. Working out is not a problem for me, since I'm already a big gym rat and I stay active in multiple sports.

Oh, and I posted here because theres nobody in the 10lbs or less challenge group.. I got lonely in there..
miranda3308
miranda3308
United States
2012/03/04, 08:13 PM
Hello my name is Miranda and I am 20 years old. I was diagnosed with seizures when I was one month old and later diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 16. I then was diagnosed with asthma soon after. The beginnIng of this year I was removed from all meds. Since I was 16 I have put on close to a h Fred pounds. The meds kill your metabolism. I am now 250 and I am so ready to get the pounds off and for good.
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/03/05, 07:41 AM
jsumagaysay83
VRAM74

---
You're not being ridiculous.. if it makes you happy then go for it! 

I am 5'2", 132lbs and am  trying to lose 10lbs I gained while in a past relationship.  My biggest problem is going back to my old healthy eating habits. Working out is not a problem for me, since I'm already a big gym rat and I stay active in multiple sports.

Oh, and I posted here because theres nobody in the 10lbs or less challenge group.. I got lonely in there..

--- First stop comparing yourself to the others. Second you have to give your body time to rest. Vigorous exercise without letting your muscles rest is a recipe for disaster. Third Love yourself and be grateful your husband,like mine loves YOU period.
VRAM74
VRAM74
United States
2012/03/06, 05:00 PM
Thats awesome , Im addicted to the gym also, however I really do not know the first thing about working out, as far as routinely.What exactly can I do cardio without using my foot tha I injured during a soccer game. I have surgery Mar 28, but Im worried it will take me out of the gym for awhile. I need to look for a circuit training program for about 2 wks. You will lose 10 lbs in no time!
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/03/07, 07:23 AM
Loosing weight in no time does not mean keeping the weight off. Keeping weight off without continued high intensity work outs is not what most people want. The reason I like this site is it helps one to loose weight and maintain without completely living in a gym for 2 hours a day
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/03/07, 07:24 AM
AndyLee63

I was supposed to start a new training programme today, but I am really not in the mood.

I am going to start tomorrow and change my official weigh in day to Saturday and have Sunday off..
Going to look through the programmes on here and try and choose one that will not hurt my back and stick to that said programme...

Andy

---
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/03/07, 07:27 AM
kathymorris
AndyLee63

Andy

--- What is not in the mood? I love to work out but time restraints and distance prevent me from getting into a gym. So, the work outs here are easy to do for the most part. I have  a bow flex and that gives me motivation...it stares me down when I walk past it. I also found a few easy weight loss videos. I hear there is one for walking with exercises within the walk.

---
MrsHern
MrsHern
United Kingdom
2012/03/20, 05:25 PM
Evening!

So I was online looking for some help. I joined the gym yesterday and although I have gone to the gym many times before, I just got lost with what I should be doing to lose the weight! I weigh 10 stone 2 pounds, and want to weigh 9 stone. So I thought this would be a perfect group for me! I am looking forward to checking this group and letting you know my progress, as I am hoping this will keep me on track! 

Hope you are all doing well too 
Jess xxxx
MrsHern
MrsHern
United Kingdom
2012/03/21, 05:39 PM
Hey! 

Feeling tired after my third session at the gym this week, but a good tired! My weight on Monday was 65 kilos, and I want to be 58. I thought this accountability group would be great, because its so easy to just eat one little biscuit because noone will know- but with this- you all will!!! 

Andy- I am watching The biggest Loser USA at the moment, and I think wow- if they can lose hunderds of pounds then I can lose 20! 

Anyway looking forward to seeing everyones progress and being motivational and motivated by everyone 
xxx
chanel1123
chanel1123
New Zealand
2012/04/22, 09:52 AM
chanel1123Hi, my name is Chanel. I live in New Zealand. I'm 19 and a 2nd year student at Uni. I have been roughly 139lbs since I was 16, however, I have gotten slightly taller, but lost muscle mass in the process. I am on here wanting to lose around 11-22lbs, as I am  only 5'3, by the end of july, starting my diet and full on exercise plan the 1st of march. I mostly just want to start eating and living a healthy and get fit. A few of my goals apart fromt he wieght loss are to be exercising or jogging atleast 5 times per week, and eating healthy by cutting out junk food and sugary foods that I use to live on as a student, This includes alcohol. I'm really hoping this group will help, as I often end up lacking, or losing motivation when trying to diet, or start an exercise plan.  :)
rbbarn8912
rbbarn8912
United States
2012/04/24, 10:29 AM
Hello! My name is Rachel and I way about 155tbs. My goal is to weigh around 135 lbs by June. I struggle with dieting and exercise. I always start strong but slowly lose motivation by the end of the week. I hope this group will help me keep up my motivation!
paulb617718
paulb617718
United States
2012/05/12, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Bri. I currently weigh 121lbs. My goal is to quickly get my body back into shape for summer. Its not about the weight as it is about my body figure. I have the worst motivation and its almost impossible to diet in my house because my mom doesnt really buy healthy foods. I am in sports all year round but that doesnt seem to help my weight loss. But I hope that being on here helps me stay on track and actually acheive this goal unlike the last five times I have tried and failed.
AbbyCarlson
AbbyCarlson
United States
2012/05/24, 10:22 AM
Hi my name is Abby and i weigh 154. I'm at a young age so i would really like to lose weight because i can be active. I do sports like volleyball and basketball but recently was injured. i have a genetic disorder where i have a crack in a vertebrea in my back so i havent exercised in about 4 months. i want to get down to about 130. and eating is a problem because i love food...
kathymorris
kathymorris
United States
2012/05/24, 12:11 PM
AbbyCarlson
Hi my name is Abby and i weigh 154. I'm at a young age so i would really like to lose weight because i can be active. I do sports like volleyball and basketball but recently was injured. i have a genetic disorder where i have a crack in a vertebrea in my back so i havent exercised in about 4 months. i want to get down to about 130. and eating is a problem because i love food...

--- You can eat all you want as long as it is the right foods. I eat a good balance of fruits and vegetables. I also joined weight watchers because they have great recipes for people who like food. Last night was oven baked fries with olive oil, italian seasoning and a little parmesean cheese. Healthier then Mc Donalds. There are great cook books out there.  Some snacks are ok as long as you eat them per serving, count out those chips.
MonicaEB
MonicaEB
United States
2012/05/25, 12:25 PM
hi everyone! in the past 3 months i have lost a total of 15lbs. i now weigh 125lbs! but my goal is to get to 120 and get extremly toned. I started free trainder a couple of weeks ago for a new challenge at the gym, and i love it so far! any advice to loose those last few pounds will be very much appreiciated. Thanks!
MonicaEB
MonicaEB
United States
2012/06/01, 12:10 PM
i have lost my 20 lbs! about 4 months ago I weighed 140, now im 120! 

now i just really want to get toned, and have not a single jiggle!!!
AbbyCarlson
AbbyCarlson
United States
2012/06/02, 03:43 PM
It's been 2 weeks and i've lost 5 pounds!! Soooo excited! :)
Ra1
Ra1
Canada
2012/08/18, 08:14 PM
hi i m uday........ my goal is to loose 20lbs and stay tonned......... started my workout 3 weeks back...i was weighing 176lbs.... today i m 167lbs.... :)
Miitch
Miitch
United Kingdom
2012/09/26, 02:07 PM
I want to lose 20lbs. I usually run Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays ; circuits on Tuesday, Fridays & Sundays ; Kickboxing on Thursdays and Badminton Sunday mornings. I usually walk to the leisure center so its a total of an hour walk on all non run and non kickboxing days. What I have reduced to in this week and possibly till the end of last year at school: runs; circuits when I can; kickboxing and badminton. Hoping to have cleared up eating habits by the time I lose this weight. not looking for it to be overnight but should be off by christmas - which I think should be plentifuls of time :)
tamarapeer
tamarapeer
United States
2013/04/27, 05:27 PM
Hey George, looks like I'm the only one for 2013. I want to lose 13 pounds and 3 inches off of my stomach and belly. I want to be that slim person that I always was. I really want to be happy with what I see when I look in the mirror and want to look better for my husband. Just because I love him so much. I'm following the at home exercise program here online working at a beginner to intermediate level. I'm also taking green coffee extract and have increased my water intake and decreased my caffeine intake because of the green tea. I want to tone up the rest of my body. I'm seeing a little flab here and there. By the way, I am 44 years old and have been toned for most of my life because of walking and dance that I took for 8 years. I can no longer walk for long distances because of neuropathy and I have COPD so no fast paced exercising for me. If you would send me a message back I'd appreciate it. My motivation is high and I'm running with it.
tamarapeer
tamarapeer
United States
2013/04/29, 08:29 AM
I am really pushing myself to get toned and lose my fat. I only want to lose 13 pounds. I've been working at this for a week. I've cut out on my fattening snacks and replaced them with fruit or something that is good for me. I'm really revved to lose this fat and weight as I have found that many of you are too.  I got a little disappointed this morning when I weighed. I haven't lost any weight but on the other hand, just with 1 week of working out every day with the total full body workout plan, I can feel and see a change in my muscle tone. I'm going to keep working at it, and boost up my cardio routine. I have COPD, so I take it slow, but I really want this and fast, so I'll take what comes. I have inhalers and a nebulizer.
Fnlb44
Fnlb44
United States
2014/01/27, 08:23 PM (Edited: Fnlb44 - 2014/01/27, 08:25 PM)
Hey I'm Emily.

I'm 5 ft 3, about 120 pounds. I'm not a very active person but would like to get on track.
One of my goals is to reduce my chin and stomach fat... (which, for some reason, is where all my fat seems to love to go. )
I'd also like to become healthier in general. I'm not sure what a healthy weight is for me.

So, I'm thinking of starting with an easy goal of exercising for rougly 30 minutes a week (home exercise), then slowly increase over time.
Are there any specific types of food I should avoid (apart from the oh-so-obvious junk food)? And are there any specific exercises anyone suggests for someone who doesn't have any gym equipments?
Thanks, good luck everyone !!!

P.S. I'm a beginner :S
Beceds
Beceds
Australia
2014/02/01, 02:15 PM (Edited: Beceds - 2014/02/01, 02:19 PM)
Hi all,
My name is rebecca and I'm a chef that loves eating hahaha. I'm looking to lose 10-15 kgs (20-35lbs). I lost 30kgs (66lbs) a year ago but cannot seem to lose the last of the weight. Any motivation is welcome :)
lenny620
lenny620
United States
2014/02/15, 07:42 PM
Hello my name is lindsay and I am trying to lose around 15 to 20 poubds.. I have faith that I can attain my goal but I just need some motivational words and help to stop my sweet tooth from attacking again lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PatrickMan
PatrickMan
United States
2014/03/11, 12:14 AM
Hey,

I am 5'11" and 215 pounds.  I am currently setting up a work out plan(thanks to this awesome website) and will be staring in on that here in the next couple of days.  My biggest problem is simply staying consistant in my workout and eating correctly.
My goals are simple:  I want to lose my excess body fat, and prepare for the Spartan Race in August.
AmarilysD
AmarilysD
United States
2014/06/09, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone my name is Amarilys, and this seems like a great group to start my journey to a better healthier version of me. I want to lose between 15 and 20 pounds and get completely toned. I also need to learn to make healthier eating choices. I too as many have stated lack motivation. I usually begin and get unmotivated after a week or two. I think if I have more accountability and people who as myself are also reaching for a similar goal, then I might just reach my goal. I really look forward to being part of this group and getting to know you all
denise_hrnndz
denise_hrnndz
United States
2014/06/24, 09:38 AM
Hi my name is Denise and I'm 29 years old. I am 5ft tall weighing 181.6 pounds. My goal weight is 130 pounds. I have a motivation problem, I am a type of person that I need a buddy to do it with and unfortunately I have no one. But I have committed my self to doing this 7 day challenge and I gave my self a goal of loosing 10 pounds of course not in 7 days but if I continue to do the 7 day challenge I know I can get their. 2 days in and I have lost 1 pound.
The 7 day challenge consist of lots of water, fish, chicken, greens, veggies, eggs, no red meats,bread, rice, sodas, sweets, and etc. also exercise is very important. I am doing the home training program from free trainers and also before I begin my workout I do the Zumba workout for. The xbox kinect just to get me going.
stacyleen
stacyleen
United States
2015/03/28, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Stacy I'm new to this site and I need to loose 20 pounds.
ebb3
ebb3
Kenya
2015/06/19, 07:01 AM
george
If you're trying to lose roughly 20 pounds then this group is or you!

Here are some quick guidelines to get the most out of your journey here:

1. Introduce yourself.. your goals & inspiration.

2. Ask questions, share your current plan, share advice and experiences with others, motivate & encourage others, etc.

3. Stay connected to the group.. this is your online family and we'll get there together as long as we stay commiitted.

4. Feel free to post photos to the group, perhaps a before or after, photos of your motivation, etc. (Click to Group Photos at top)

---My name is Ebby i am 27years of age currently i weigh in at 70 kgs with a very big tummy would like to get at 63kgs kindly having friends to share with will be very motivating
M.elkhashab
M.elkhashab
Egypt
2015/07/24, 08:26 PM
Hi guys I'm mima I'm 154 lb I'm 20 years old I want to lose 20lb my motivation is my struggle to look good to fit into society to look like my friends I have a nutrient plan from my doctor it's complicated but I'm going to do it I go to the gym 3 days a week here comes the questions I've been going to the gym 3days aweek for a month now I started to bulk more muscles (I'm already bulky ) is that normal ?! And believe it or not my thighs started looking enormous XD I didn't lose weight although I lost weight before deciding to hit the gym...the problem is that I don't have a trainer at the gym..I've only been doing cardio and leg machines (I had only one personal trainer session so she taught me all about cardio work out ) if any one have any website or app that can help me in the gym I would be grateful :) :)