Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

challanging question for u all

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/11/19, 05:11 PM
ok....here goes.... soon i'm about to try and start a "cut" phaze i'm just wanting to get rid of a lil eaxtra winter padding lol........now i knwo i need to cut carbs is the easiest way and it wokrs best for me. As of know though my diet is very healthy 3 nice meals and 3 snakes, i eat lots of chicken, lean beef, and lean pork, whey and eggs for my protein sources......i eat plenty of veggies a day3 to 4( brockoli, carots, peas, yams, green beans, spinish u name it i eat it......and i try to eat 1 or 2 pieaces of fruit( if not fruit 100% orange juice, or v8 splash....carb sources are whole weat breads, yams, oatmeal, low fat penut butter, or nuts ( on accasion)
Now i dunno my actually caloric intake but its some where around 3000 if i was to take a wild guess i eat about 270 grams of protein a day( i weigh 248)
now hers my problem with the low carb diet.........i am a very active person on wed and fridays i do a double spilit workout ( one in morning and one in afternoon) and also 3 times a week i have cheerleading practice, and i have to walk all over campus at school.........my problem is if i cut my carbs low i feel like i can't make it threw the day an di wind up falling asleep in class or i feel slugish at practice( trust me when ur throwing girls up in the air i can't be slow lol).........soo any suggestions for getting rid of fat with the carb crashing?????

p.s sorry so long just wanted to feel u guys in

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/11/21, 01:17 PM
instead of cutting carbs totally...first try cutting them at night...try not eating any carb after 5-6 at night...but also cut some of the fats as fats pack a whopping 9 cal per gram compared to the 4 in protein and carbs. And you don't have to cut carbs persay just the bad ones...start eating wheat bread...whole grains..and some veges and fruits...i hope some of this helps.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/01/28, 01:40 PM
If your on a 3000 calorie diet i dunt care how much you work out, your not going to lose weight. Trust me, I kno, ive had to cut to around 4% bodyfat while still staying strong and not being able to compete in wrestling meets. I know that bodybuilders often do this by cutting carbs, but if you ask them to lift anything heavy on the day of a meet, they usually can't (not that they lift HEAVY to begin with). Cutting carbs will help you to lose weight initially, because youll be reducing the amount of glycogen in your blood and muscles, which will affect performance, and will not last after you go off of your diet.

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isnt that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist