Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

cervical herniated discs...what to do?

robin2
robin2
United States
2005/06/05, 07:25 PM
I have 3 herniated/bulged discs: c4-5,c5-6,c6-7. Has anyone had the misfortune of experiencing this? I went for a cortizone injection and freaked out...just could'nt get my self to go through with it. Will this heal on it's own, eventually, if I give it time? If so how long will it take?
vadwear
vadwear
United States
2005/08/06, 09:10 AM
I have herniated disc between c5-c6... I tried everything.. trust me EVERYTHING.

The ONLY thing that works for me is deep tissue massage.. really. If you feel the burning, pinching feeling coming on, get a deep tissue massage asap, maybe 2-3 that week.. it should go away. there are some excersise also to avoid.. do NOT do pull downs (behind the neck) NEVER do that motion.

Seated shoulder presses are ok if you don't do too much weight...avoid shoulder side lateral raises unless you are supporting yourself (leaning over while hanging onto something) working one arm at a time.. that will take the strain out from your neck. DO lighter weights when working shoulders. I have alot of great excersizes if you need .. just let me know.....good luck.. Lisa

--------------
If you are tired of your life, your body, yourSELF.. CHANGE IT!